Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been really busy at my new job so I have missed my 30K service...I am now at 33K. I am going to get it serviced next week, my car drives fine, but will the dealer try to pull some b.s. costs because I missed my 30K service by 3K miles?

Any experience with Prestige Lexus in NJ?

·
Registered
30,635 Posts
no worries...

i mean, if you hit 34k the car will self-destruct, but otherwise, you're fine.

·
Registered
30,635 Posts
Aubie83 said:
Yep, do not let it roll over to 34k. Get that bitched towed there if it starts to roll over.
why don't you rehash another joke, you might learn what funny means.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How about somebody answer my question......Will the dealer try to charge me more for missing my service?

Last I checked, I was posting in the General discussion forum, not the PL.

·
Registered
28,808 Posts
hsua said:
How about somebody answer my question......Will the dealer try to charge me more for missing my service?

No....hows that?

·
Registered
30,635 Posts
hsua said:

Why don';t you ask lil'is300.

I answered, i wrote "NO WORRIES"

Tha generally means no, but I can understand how you could get confused and think i meant YES :roll:

·
Registered
28,808 Posts
s0yb0mb said:
hsua said:

Tha generally means no, but I can understand how you could get confused and think i meant YES :roll:
Some people just need to be told the same thing over and over and over before they get the picture.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
DJPoop said:
s0yb0mb said:
hsua said:

Some people just need to be told the same thing over and over and over before they get the picture.
Tone is half the battle when it comes to speech.

·
Registered
28,808 Posts
hsua said:
DJPoop said:
s0yb0mb said:
hsua said:

I thought knowing was half the battle.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
DJPoop said:
hsua said:
DJPoop said:
s0yb0mb said:
hsua said:

That is the other half..... there are two halves in a whole.

·
Registered
30,635 Posts
DJPoop said:
hsua said:
DJPoop said:
s0yb0mb said:
hsua said:

considering i wasn't talking, I dont' see your point.

·
Registered
691 Posts
hsua said:
I have been really busy at my new job so I have missed my 30K service...I am now at 33K. I am going to get it serviced next week, my car drives fine, but will the dealer try to pull some b.s. costs because I missed my 30K service by 3K miles?

Any experience with Prestige Lexus in NJ?
I don't think the dealer would give you a hard time about it, but if they did, I'd say "Screw you, I'm taking this to my personal mechanic...see you at 40K". I probably wouldn't be back. A trusted mechanic is cheaper and more dependable than some 17 year old slacker in the Lexus service dept.

·
Manufacturer of Pipes
5,285 Posts
hsua said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: - Most of this thread is funny as I laugh at my desk at work.. sorry...

But seroiusly to answer your questions... They should not try to screw you unless your Service rep those that on a regular basis... like write up the cars for things it really doesn't need... and then tell you , you need to have these extra things done $$$.... It all depends what kind of dealership you go to and what there "moto" is....

Anyways in reality here was what only gets done on a 30K Service...:
-Change Engine Oil & Filter & drain plug gasket
-Change Tranny Oil & drain plug gasket
-Change Brake Fluid Oil
- and they say they inspect your brakes too...
-Change Radiator fliud
-Change rear end Differental oil - and both fill/drain plug gaskets as well.
-Rotate tires

-Add additive to gas tank to clean fuel injectors/lines/tank...
-Fill washer fliud
-and of course the rest of the little BS things that you end up getting charged for... and over paying... like $300 or more???

In reality the most important things on this service is everything marked in RED...

Hope this helps.

Joe Z :chill:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
About this Discussion
22 Replies
9 Participants
NASTETy92
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing