Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been really busy at my new job so I have missed my 30K service...I am now at 33K. I am going to get it serviced next week, my car drives fine, but will the dealer try to pull some b.s. costs because I missed my 30K service by 3K miles?

Any experience with Prestige Lexus in NJ?

·
Registered
30,635 Posts
no worries...

i mean, if you hit 34k the car will self-destruct, but otherwise, you're fine.

·
Registered
30,635 Posts
Aubie83 said:
Yep, do not let it roll over to 34k. Get that bitched towed there if it starts to roll over.
why don't you rehash another joke, you might learn what funny means.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How about somebody answer my question......Will the dealer try to charge me more for missing my service?

Last I checked, I was posting in the General discussion forum, not the PL.

·
Registered
28,808 Posts
hsua said:
How about somebody answer my question......Will the dealer try to charge me more for missing my service?

No....hows that?

·
Registered
30,635 Posts
hsua said:

Why don';t you ask lil'is300.

I answered, i wrote "NO WORRIES"

Tha generally means no, but I can understand how you could get confused and think i meant YES :roll:

·
Registered
28,808 Posts
s0yb0mb said:
hsua said:

Tha generally means no, but I can understand how you could get confused and think i meant YES :roll:
Some people just need to be told the same thing over and over and over before they get the picture.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
DJPoop said:
s0yb0mb said:
hsua said:

Some people just need to be told the same thing over and over and over before they get the picture.
Tone is half the battle when it comes to speech.

·
Registered
28,808 Posts
hsua said:
DJPoop said:
s0yb0mb said:
hsua said:

I thought knowing was half the battle.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
DJPoop said:
hsua said:
DJPoop said:
s0yb0mb said:
hsua said:

That is the other half..... there are two halves in a whole.

·
Registered
30,635 Posts
DJPoop said:
hsua said:
DJPoop said:
s0yb0mb said:
hsua said:

considering i wasn't talking, I dont' see your point.

·
Registered
691 Posts
hsua said:
I have been really busy at my new job so I have missed my 30K service...I am now at 33K. I am going to get it serviced next week, my car drives fine, but will the dealer try to pull some b.s. costs because I missed my 30K service by 3K miles?

Any experience with Prestige Lexus in NJ?
I don't think the dealer would give you a hard time about it, but if they did, I'd say "Screw you, I'm taking this to my personal mechanic...see you at 40K". I probably wouldn't be back. A trusted mechanic is cheaper and more dependable than some 17 year old slacker in the Lexus service dept.

·
Manufacturer of Pipes
5,285 Posts
hsua said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: - Most of this thread is funny as I laugh at my desk at work.. sorry...

But seroiusly to answer your questions... They should not try to screw you unless your Service rep those that on a regular basis... like write up the cars for things it really doesn't need... and then tell you , you need to have these extra things done $$$.... It all depends what kind of dealership you go to and what there "moto" is....

Anyways in reality here was what only gets done on a 30K Service...:
-Change Engine Oil & Filter & drain plug gasket
-Change Tranny Oil & drain plug gasket
-Change Brake Fluid Oil
- and they say they inspect your brakes too...
-Change Radiator fliud
-Change rear end Differental oil - and both fill/drain plug gaskets as well.
-Rotate tires

-Add additive to gas tank to clean fuel injectors/lines/tank...
-Fill washer fliud
-and of course the rest of the little BS things that you end up getting charged for... and over paying... like $300 or more???

In reality the most important things on this service is everything marked in RED...

Hope this helps.

Joe Z :chill:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts