Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In a totally unrelated story, I saw an MSM '06 IS250 on the back of a huge black tow truck with silver lexus logos all over it this morning. I wonder what the hell they were doing with that.

Anyhow, following are pictures of my current ride, I'm looking for ideas as to what people think are good ideas for mods for me coming up.

FYI: I'm not really going for the tuner look, more the classy yet sporty look. ALSO IMPORTANT, I live in chicago and drive it in the winter, so kits and lowering springs have been thought of as not smart. Anyway, thanks for looking. Here you go:

·
Registered
469 Posts
drop......you have everything else coming along well......

another thing i dont are for those wings it makes the backend look like a gs model......just my 2cents but they dont count its your car.....

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
toyotaownsyou said:
drop......you have everything else coming along well......

another thing i dont are for those wings it makes the backend look like a gs model......just my 2cents but they dont count its your car.....
no i totally understand. It's not bad, but it wa smy first mod. If I could do it all over again, I'd do the subtle rod millen lip spoiler. However, they drilled holes in my trunk to put the wing on so im stuck with it.

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
my idea of clean and sweet....

-stock body (maybe type-r front lip) lines up well with stock sides or even Rodmillen sides.
-Rims (done)
-Tint (done)
-System (looks done?)

and last but not least
-Drop.

thats it... thats what im doing with the next car...

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
rims look good, ditch the center caps. Get a set from an RX330, trim the tabs off, and secure them with 3m molding tape.

by the way, how are your ennio's working out for you?

·
Registered
645 Posts
Def drop it a little. Trash the dash kit, and you aren't stuck with that wing, you can have the holes filled in be any decent body shop. Good start though.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Aftermarket grille, painted headlight housings, shave emblems off back (leave the L). Car looks nice, not too much more I would do with it given you are going for the subtle look.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
isthrizzy said:
rims look good, ditch the center caps. Get a set from an RX330, trim the tabs off, and secure them with 3m molding tape.

by the way, how are your ennio's working out for you?
Ya I was wondering about doing that, thanks. I love the ennios.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
baadhabit said:
id drop that car, change out the grill, ditch those wheels and that wing for something more modern. those wheels are so 2years ago
sorry, wheels are new, I love the Advan Model 5's. They are my favorite wheel right now still, and I just wasn't going to pay for them. Only grill I was thinking about was CF TRD painted with black pearl emblem.

ACTUALLY!! I was convinced I wanted to do a black pearl conversion. Grill, rear badges, tail lights, THEN, I found out how expensive black pearl headlights are. Painting sounds like too much work also.

·
Registered
306 Posts
loose the bling bling chrome lexus plate and the wing. Slam the thing. Get a roof spoiler....

·
Registered
13,905 Posts
I'd get the heads, fogs, and tails painted black. There are a few people on here who do it. All you do is pay $$ and send them your stock lights. I think it ended up costing me about $300 for everything. They get black pearl emblems.

Also, you definitely need a drop. I have the same wheels as you, and they look a billion times better with a drop. If you don't want an aggressive drop, get some eibachs.

·
Banned
12,375 Posts
drop it. get adjustable so you can lift it more in the winter months. and then you have the option to slam it for the summer

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
is it just me or do the knock off model 5's have more shine than the real deals?

honestly....you just need a drop and your car will look very nice...i know you said its a no-no....but thatll finish off the car if you dont want kits or anything else....

with a drop you could look like this...

^^those are 19" advans with tien flex coils with 1 3/4" drop all around....

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
JAEohEN said:
is it just me or do the knock off model 5's have more shine than the real deals?

honestly....you just need a drop and your car will look very nice...i know you said its a no-no....but thatll finish off the car if you dont want kits or anything else....

with a drop you could look like this...

^^those are 19" advans with tien flex coils with 1 3/4" drop all around....
wheels are hyperblack, I didn't know this when I bought them but hyperblack is pretty much the closest thing to chrome you can get.

seems unanimous with the drop, Ok I'll look into it. What sort of shop would do this for me? I'm not much of a do it yourselfer and have never lowered any of my cars.

Thanks for the pic, that helps.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts