Lexus IS Forum banner

idea?

2K views 32 replies 15 participants last post by  lsignor 
#1 ·
So over the next few months I'll be seriously looking for an is. Once i make a purchase I have a certain JDM vision, and well here it is. First I don't want to hear anything about price or availability.. Assume I have 100,000 under my mattress and 5 cousins who live in japan.. haha

5 Speed 02+
Black in color
20% tints all around w/ 5% sunband
Black housing headlights with tsx projectors
yellow fogs
Black tinted Tails
Clear side markers
Vertex full kit
Shaved side molding
Green Painted Calipers
Gold rims (what ones tbd)
Debadged and replaced with Gold in color Toyota Emblem
TRD Grill

Custom Harness bar black to match all black interior
takata 4 point harness
some type of racing/bucket seat (tbd)

As you can see I want to accomplish this whole type of black w/ gold + green accents look. Similar to solo but not exactly the same. Would people feel this is "rice" or a bad look. I think having toyota emblems would be a nice jdm touch, and if I do that, I plan on dremeling off the lexus emblem on the engine cover and doing some type of toyota emblem molded on or something nice like that.

Lemme know if u like my style ideas.

See less See more
#2 ·
I wouldn't go with the Toyota emblems, that's a bit rice. The rest of the stuff sounds good, definitely different but good. Just remember it's your car and money, if you like it who cares what others say.

#4 ·
i would start with a real jdm bumper, but then i have a stake in that! lol

forget the emblems, maybe just Altezza in the back and the steering wheel Altezza. otherwise sounds alright

Gold Blitz Technospeed Z1!

#6 ·
Thanks for the replys.. Ya i didn't really know about the toyota emblem.. Thought it would be something different and unique.. Can get one off ebay for like 10 bucks,, might see how it looks just for the heck of it.. I love being around my town with friends and having them see a nice car and be like is that a porsche when its cleary a bmw or something obvious. Would of just like to seen something different...

Ya im checking out different gold rim packages as well.. I think green calipers w/ gold wheels with green harness .. But a whole gold calipers .. gold rims.. gold harness would be sick too now that i think about it.. I think that would look even better.. but in terms of interior lighting (dash courtesy lights etc) what would match good with the whole black/gold look

So all black w/ tints.. lightly tinted tails to blend well with paint.. black housing projectors.. gold rims/calpiers.. black interior w/ a little gold harness? Can u feel the classy street car look?

edit : peoples comments on shaved side moldings w/ vertex kit?

#9 ·
thoose are auctally the headlights i was looking at.. I planned on painting the tails black.. I just hate how the clear plastic on the tails looks so glossy, on a black car.. I'd want something tinted to look close to the car color w/out looking stupid.

Obviously it will all be in processes since Thats alot of cash to dump all at once. But Black and gold rocks! Was thinking for the interior, gold harness with gold accents (shift knob).. dunno what else.. maybe gold swithes is i do anything custom.. any other ideas?

#12 ·
ya its a toss up.. I guess i could just paint 1 caliper each gold and green.. to see what it looks like..

Its either Gold on Gold rim/caliper or gold on green rim/caliper

If gold/green I would go with green harness gold harness bar, gold shift knob.. gold stitching on shift boot/ebrake boot.... and maybe a green bride seat.. but could just go all black seat too

If gold/gold I would go with gold harness.. black harness bar.. gold shift knob.. gold stitching.. black seat.

Its a huge toss up in my opinion cause I think both would look sick, but you can only have one!

#13 ·
i dont think I would dig the green calipers, but it may look cool, I dont think anyone here has done it....a bright ass green with gold decals on them might look pretty good. everything else sounds pretty good, maybe if you are goin for "JDM" look get chado's bumper because it wont have any sidemarkers, which I htink is a good look

#16 ·
I dig the look your going for and the Altezza badge in gold with matching emblems for the rest would be fire, I can already picture it minus the green callipers, keep it blk n gld 4 sure and me LOVE VERTEX:)

Reactions: sprayinIS
#17 ·
imo, i'd just go emblemless if possible, looks way cleaner... As for the rest, I see where you're going. Here's a few seat ideas that might flow with the green and gold theme:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.