Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If i run 1 10" ID MAX with all stock speakers will it overpower the treble? The reason why i ask about this sub is becasue i have a 500/1 jl audio amp laying around that ill be using and this seems to be one of the few 10" sub that can handle that amount of power. I've never heard this sub before. Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
816 Posts
I have 12" ID MAX and it's bad azz, I have it in 1.5 cu/ft after mag. displacement sealed.
It's running on Zapco 900 watts mono in 2 ohm. All I could says is that if you used those stocky, it will over power it by a lot.
But still a good choice of sub. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
IDMAX are a nice SQL sub. They don't get real LOUD but they are one of the better sounding subs out. I had one but prefer the Eclipse Titanium. :p

·
Useless
5,346 Posts
Use the 10" sealed or infinite baffle with that amp and you will be fine. I would suggest a remote mount bass control knob to adjust to your taste though.

The ID Max is an awesome sub. Great response sealed and IB, and serious SPL ported.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies guys! I'm no audio expert, do i want to get the 2 ohm or 4 ohm version if im using the jl audio 500/1 amp??

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
LikWid696 said:
Thanks for the replies guys! I'm no audio expert, do i want to get the 2 ohm or 4 ohm version if im using the jl audio 500/1 amp??
either the 2 or 4 ohm is fine. it makes no difference with the jl amp. the jl 500/1 has a regulated power supply so it will feed the same amount of power from 1.5-4 ohms.

·
Useless
5,346 Posts
If you get the D4 them connect + to + and - to - for a 2 ohm load. If you go w/ the D2 you must series the connections.

·
Registered
8,219 Posts
K3RRY said:
either the 2 or 4 ohm is fine. it makes no difference with the jl amp. the jl 500/1 has a regulated power supply so it will feed the same amount of power from 1.5-4 ohms.

thats not what a regulated power supply means. A regulated power supply is so the voltage comming into the amplifier from your battery is regulated and not variable when the amp is running.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i see....so either one can be wired for 2 ohm load? Sorry, i understand the wiring just not the deal with the ohm. All id like to know is if i get the D2 or D4 will they sound the same with the 500/1 jl amp? Thanks for answering all the questions guys

·
Useless
5,346 Posts
A D4 can be wired for 2 or 8 ohms. A D2 for 1 or 4 ohms. JL amps push the same power from 1.5 to 4 ohms so its your choice.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts