Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone, maybe you have lisnup, experimented with mounting the Image Dynamics NX30 tweeter inside the ID CSX 6.5" midbass in the IS300? Has anyone tried to mount these tweeters in the stock locations? I just received my ID Cameleon components and the tweeter is a bit oversized. I'm not sure I want to have the stock tweeter locations modified to fit these.

·
Useless
5,346 Posts
nambo25 said:
Has anyone, maybe you have lisnup, experimented with mounting the Image Dynamics NX30 tweeter inside the ID CSX 6.5" midbass in the IS300? Has anyone tried to mount these tweeters in the stock locations? I just received my ID Cameleon components and the tweeter is a bit oversized. I'm not sure I want to have the stock tweeter locations modified to fit these.
The Chameleons are designed to have the tweeter mounted on them as a coxial or mounted seperate as a component set. I have not done an IS in this manner, but other vehicles. You will lose some of the sound stage created by seperate locations, but you will not have axial problems. The end result will be a lower sound stage that most would not worry about.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks lisnup, I have one more question - does it take much effort to modify the stock tweeter location to fit the NX30 tweeter. I think this is the route I want to go if it's a simple modification.

·
Useless
5,346 Posts
nambo25 said:
Thanks lisnup, I have one more question - does it take much effort to modify the stock tweeter location to fit the NX30 tweeter. I think this is the route I want to go if it's a simple modification.
A dremel, utility knive and reshaping the grille.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
2 Participants
lisnup65
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing