Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know how many people on this forum actually ice race but I thought I'd post this:

https://www.lexussportcup.com/

The series is based in a fairgrounds lot 2-3hrs north of Toronto. This series is just for Lexus IS300's from 01-05'. I got a chance to get a couple ride alongs yesterday and it was a blast. There's a bunch of videos on youtube if you care to watch them. The town is called Minden, so you could search "Minden ice racing Lexus"...

·
Registered
117 Posts
This looks like a ton of fun! Never lived somewhere cold enough where this would be possible, and honestly don't have a desire to, but still awesome!

To be honest I'm surprised they're able to field an entire group of people limiting it to just Lexus IS's.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya there's over 15 of these total. Most guys have picked their cars up for under $1k CAD so it's a super cheap way to race.

The hilarious thing is that most keep their seat heaters since it's so damn cold. A couple guys use Kirkey race seats and pull the stock seat heaters off the stock seat. I think they're all automatic, since finding a manual car for this cheap is next to impossible. And there's a $3,500 claimer rule. "Claims may only be made by other car owners. All claims subject to approval of series administrator". So you don't want to spend anything over $3500 CAD because someone can buy your car from you if they think it's faster than theirs.

·
Registered
117 Posts
24 hours of lemons used to have something similar.

To prevent people from spending more than $500, you'd make a rule that anyone could buy a car that was racing for $500. That way you wouldn't spend a bunch of money on a cheater car out of fear of another team opting to buy it. Basically an attempt to control spending.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What humbucker said. It's so people don't spend too much money on their cars to beat everyone. They're so cheap most people just heat the springs to lower the car, I think the rationale is to keep the soft springrate. Some guys keep the stock height for more weight transfer.

And the standard spec tire is:

spec tire (NO MODS) Hankook ipikeRS (W419) 215/45/17
spec street stud - Bruno Wessel or Wipertec Studs (per CASC rules)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts