Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
$lores amongst us!
10,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which is the better blue
. Or is it just in the eye of the beholder?

I personally favor the SBM with it's bolder shade of blue, though the IBP is nice. Another thing I like about the SBM is its uniqueness. At least 3 times a week I have someone asking me "whats color is that", or "man, thats a sweet shade of blue". If I had to choose again it woudl be SBM all the way.

This post is just my personal opinion and not to start a flame war.
PEACE

·
Registered
112 Posts
Kind of a dumb thread to start, you know why?
THERE ARE AT LEAST 10 TIMES THE NUMBER OF SBM OWNERS THAN THERE ARE IBP OWNERS ON THIS BOARD! How do you think this little poll is gonna turn out?!

Oh well I may be in the minority right now, but at least I'm 1st... IBP ALL YHE WAY!

·
$lores amongst us!
10,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Spoiler,

Dont take it so personal loser boy. Alot of people have now had a chance to see the IBP and I thought it would be cool to see what they think. Not everyone on this board are as bias as you would think.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Interesting you would reply with an insult considering you stated you didn't want a flame war. Doesn't say too much about your character. Frankly, you and I don't have any idea how biased or unbiased people truly are. By the way, I said your idea was kinda dumb (my opinion), not you.

If you reply to me, don't insult. I'm not interested in wasting my time.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Im gonna have to go with IBP. I absolutely love the purpulish tones the color has. It looks 10 times better in person than in pics. Finish it off with a black interior and I think the color looks amazing. Just my two pennies though.

·
$lores amongst us!
10,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Spoiler,

For something so dumb, then why have you replied ah twice?

Sorry Lex, this post not meant for you.

[ August 26, 2001: Message edited by: BigJoeD ]

·
Registered
68 Posts
Oh I'm so all about the SBM. Much better blue in my opinion BUT

the IBP is still sweet. Another 4-5 months or so and i'll have my own....

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
IBP without question, but both colors are very sweet.

·
Registered
654 Posts
I can say that I love blue on almost any car for some strange reason, whether it be Bayside Blue on a BNR34 Skyline GT-R Vspec, or Issel Blue Pearl on a Lancer Evolution VI. While I haven't personally seen the new blue with my own eyes, I simply love my SBM and think it's the best possible color to get an IS in.

It's also a very unique color in availability, at least in my area, where I've only heard of another SBM. So in conclusion, SBM ROOLES! Yah!

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'm awaiting the side by side showdown with multiple angle pics of the IBP and SBM. I'm holding my tongue until I see the IBP. I wanted the SBM, but I guess I'll have to buy a used one if I do that. (Since I'm not going to buy until next Spring.)

·
Registered
170 Posts
This is a tough one. I think I have to go with SBM, although IBP is very hot! Its the color that I'm getting now that SBM is discontinued.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
after looking at the ibp, and after having a sbm...i think i liked the sbm better. but since there is no more sbm, that means im going to get the ibp. ibp still looks good to me.

·
Registered
50 Posts
So who's going to be the one to post the side by side comparison? I've yet to even see the IBP, my closest dealer only had a absolutely red and a GGP.

That car looks great in every color, except absolutely red.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
About this Discussion
19 Replies
14 Participants
RichardTrickle
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing