Lexus IS Forum banner

IAT Sensor Circut - What is this?

1K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  tsopranoMB 
#1 ·
After checking my ECU with diagnosis computer, codes for misfiring cyl.'s came up a s well as IAT Circut Sensor code P1001. Does anyone know what this is? And would this have anything to do with attempting install of SRT .... didnt even touch the ECU yet and this happened.

#3 ·
1) Did you install the SRT intake and not hook up the ECU override?
2) Is your trac off light flashing and CEL is on?

If you answered yes to #1, then that is your problem.

#5 ·
?

Yeah I hooked up the intake portion of the intake and attempted to start. Car idled for a minute then idled down and died. Then we put back the Injen and the car idled fine but then when I tried to drive it bogged down and wouldnt accelerate till 4-5 rpms. The check with a computer and found out 3 cyl.'s are misfiring. HELP ME PLEASE!

#6 ·
Replied to your PM.

BTW, read SRT's manual. They clearly state not to drive the car with the intake w/o ECU override and vice versa.

Do not worry. Your car went into limp mode. Resetting ECU by disconnecting the battery and doing proper install of the rest of the SRT intake's components (ECU override) will fix it.

#8 ·
is300sam2002 said:
I don't think it's goint to run right until you hook up all the wires for the piggyback.
And reset the ECU (part of the process anyway).

#11 ·
Re: ?

4NTOY said:
See I didnt even drive with the SRT on, I just started it. I have been driving with the Injen and encountering problems.
You started it, car recorded a problem, activated the "limp mode", threw a CEL. If you want to continue driving with InJen, disconnect the battery for a few minutes to reset the ECU.

#13 ·
Re: !

4NTOY said:
Thank You all for your help - I was about to order a new MAF sensor and coil pack - geez I already bought new plugs. Once again, I appretiate it!
ok then, so now why dont you just put on the piggyback ECU and then ship out the INJEN intake that you owe to you know who... :wink:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.