Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Remember the the sports car industry between 1990-1995.... It was in its hey day as 300ZXs, 3000GT s, Supras, and RX7s populated our streets as thousands of them were sold. All those cars are since extinct, so I was wondering what types of cars those buyers are driving now.... I'm assuming Audi S4's, BMW M3's and Corvettes, and the rest decided to buy SUV's....
Eric...

maybe they're driving sports sedans now..

[This message has been edited by EricK (edited November 20, 2000).]

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by geoff:
SUVs would be my bet. afterall, everyone NEEDS a nine-passenger excursion. right?
The Excursion is the one of the most ridiculous vehicles to drive the face of the earth.... What a waste in every sense of the word...

Eric...

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
I agree, the Excursion is one wasteful piece of crap. Personally, I don't even see the need for an Expedition. Yet they're so popular.

black/ivory
17"

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Originally posted by geoff:
SUVs would be my bet. afterall, everyone NEEDS a nine-passenger excursion. right?
How about a Hummer (er, you know what I mean - don't get excited O'Troll)?

I was following one the other day - it could barely climb a hill and could barely squeeze onto the road it was sooooo wide.

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
i know some people that grew up from 300zx's and 3000gt's to mercedes 500SL's and BMW 7-series

Must be nice.....

·
Registered
82 Posts
Originally posted by Eddy:
i know some people that grew up from 300zx's and 3000gt's to mercedes 500SL's and BMW 7-series
Also take into consideration all of the rich kids who got one of those cars. Six to seven years later they are out on their own making a living. Hmmmm, what's this? You mean to say that I don't automatically make 6 figures after graduation? What! I have to prove myself? But but but but someone on a message board told me that there are a bunch of rich kids that are students pretending to be programmers. They have like every color IS300 yoo!

Life's a bitch, then they settle for a much lesser car..

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
i second that notion!

Originally posted by cardinal_creek:

Add two kids

===> IS300 + Vasectomy

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Originally posted by VBGOD:
Also take into consideration all of the rich kids who got one of those cars. Six to seven years later they are out on their own making a living. Hmmmm, what's this? You mean to say that I don't automatically make 6 figures after graduation? What! I have to prove myself? But but but but someone on a message board told me that there are a bunch of rich kids that are students pretending to be programmers. They have like every color IS300 yoo!

Life's a bitch, then they settle for a much lesser car..
yes yes yes... when rich kids get into the real world its like... wait... i have to downgrade my level of living??

·
Premium Member
15,322 Posts
most ppl who drove them then still own them.
note the value of Supras and RX7s.
They aren't easy to find and when you do find them, they are pricey for a used car.
I spoke to a doctor who drives a cherry condition red RX7 and he says he loves it more than his porsches and uses it as a daily driver and is contemplating selling off one of his Porsches. 300zxs and 3000GTs aren't too hard to find and can be had for under 10gs...hmmm...

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
if the owner bought the car because of sports car hype then they'll probably be driving an SUV but if the person was after a true sports car then they're probably floating around driving an m3, m5, typer(i'm stretching it here), viper, z06, nsx, something like that

·
Registered
80 Posts
Speaking of which, what was everyon's first car ever owned -- not bought by parents, but bought or leased with own money?

My first car was a 1980 Chevy Chevette -- much like Tucker's car in There's Something About Mary.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts