Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see all these teen drivers around in my town with fixed up Preludes, accords and Acuras that look hella tight, and I wish I knew how to mod up a car and what to do ... but damn it really bugs me that I don't cause I would have a tight car, and please if I asked my dad to help he would never cause hes always to busy with his cars ...it sucks people really does ...

·
Registered
112 Posts
You would actually be surprised how easy it is to mod up a car. Its normally not one stop shopping. I see it as a gradual process. Add one part here, another there. After a year you would be surprised how many little customizations you have made and how they change the look of the car. I think this is the best way to do it because it keeps you "happy" with your car. I have a friend that takes out an extra couple of grand on his car loans for mods. After 6 months he has nothing left to add to the car. How boring.

·
Registered
281 Posts
yo!!
if you want to fix up ur ride, pick up some mags...Super Street, Turbo Mag, etc..
read em and learn...
also ask ur friends about too...
but always try to be original...
dont be biting off other ppls flava..like all those honda and acuras w/ altezza tailights...dats so played out...
and another thang..
if ur gonna fix up ur ride go ALLL out, there is no point in fixing it up a little here and there, go all out...or dont do it at all...

but my advice to u is just get a fast stock car and burn all those fixed up hondas/acuras..
i have a fixed accord myself...
and personally im kinda of sick of it..
i dont think its worth fixin up ur ride..
i just waiting to get a nice STOCK manual IS..YEAH BABY!!!

late

·
15,322 Posts
i agree with one step at a time, you add a little something here and there, just so it looks good and right to you , then that leads to something else the you can redo better, and then on. if you do it all at once, it could work, if you know exactly what you want, go out and buy all the parts you know it will take, and then spend massive all nighters trying to get it all on, thats why the all or nothing idea doesnt fly. either way you will need to take it step by step, and going the one at a time route will give you time to rethink and analyze as well as better shape it. otherwise you would just be throwin a bunch of crap into a pile and the end result will not look like you wanted. get a few pics or a model of the car in stock form, then analyze it, if its a digital picture, try drawing in a body kit or a drop, or diff paint - that way you get a general idea. i will be buying a used car with a max price of $4500, possible a 90-91 supra and customizing it. i have a general idea of what i want to do, a lot of things nobody's ever done, and it will be one of the hottest cars in socal when it is done

·
Registered
171 Posts
The most important thing about mod is the car so if you don't have it, don't sweat it. Take things one at a time. Think of it as your girlfriend. If you don't know her, you will never connect with her. That's why you drool at every "hottie" you see. Get the car first and study all the lines and curves of your baby. Once you have a feel of her, do some research and see what's right for both of you. Copying others is very superficial and the appeal will fade. A little bit of time, patience and love will guarantee a long, happy union. You will only have eyes for your baby....unless an IS300 passes by.

·
15,322 Posts
using someone elses idea as a platform or start point is one thing, baltantly stealing is another. there are a lot of good ideas out there, they are just poorly executed, so if you have limited imagination, look at other ppls mods and see if you can take what theyve done and build on it or reconstruct it better. and no, changing the color does not constitute a creative enhancement.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Modding your car is fairly easy i've helped my friend fix up his sweet azz 1991 Prelude Si, it is mostly motor, a real sleeper but it hauls, almost all parts come with detailed instructions so its, also thats why theres Tuner Shops, right? If you can't do it, why not pay someone else to do it? wHEre you located at?

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
if you wanna know what to do just hang around a shop and see what goes down there.
it always helps to have those guys as your friends cuz if you need help you can always ask them.
my homeboy from high school owns a shop, so once i round up enough ends i have all the help i need to fix up my IS.
to see whats the latest trend, try hitting the shows, the good shows like hot import and import showoff, dont go to the gay ass ones that are on speedvision, NOPIs crap!
and read the mags, if you see something you like keep it in mind. if its not for you car...theres alway custom work. like if you like the MR2 TRD widebody front end and you have an integra, you can make it fit. my friend did, it looks TIGHT!
oh one more thing, you need $! this sh!t is expensive and it adds up fast!
DONT BE A SHOW FAG!
gots to have the performance to back your $h!t up!

------------------
Phil from Irvine (University of Civics and Integras)
'01 IS300 Diamond White Pearl with nothing on the trunk except the Big L.
GOTTA LOVE THE RICE!

[This message has been edited by LexDymndz (edited January 04, 2001).]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
8 Participants
LexDymndz
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing