Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Damn it was all prepped and ready for pickup, the white looked sweet. Does the blue shine as well as the white or have any metallic in it? The blue was pretty dirty and sitting out side.

thanks

·
Registered
697 Posts
if you take really really good care of it, the dark color will shine better, look at few of the member's car (TurboIS's SBM). It does really reflect the shine. I have a Silver, and even polished, it doesn't look as shiny as the other dark colors...

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But can i get my SMB to shine like this? If so i am sold on blue =).

[This message has been edited by Ashenor (edited January 24, 2001).]

·
Registered
159 Posts
I picked my SBM up from Meade Lexus and they waxed it and had it shining good. It still shines after two weeks of having it and driving 2k miles.
Originally posted by Ashenor:
Damn it was all prepped and ready for pickup, the white looked sweet. Does the blue shine as well as the white or have any metallic in it? The blue was pretty dirty and sitting out side.

thanks

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
I have a white one too... and it usually looks cleaner than the other colors when it is dirty. (Just an observation.) But yeah, that blue is a unique color. Either way, you get to be one of the select people to take home an IS... just flip a coin or let yer girl decide on the color if you can't make up yer mind.

------------------
White IS300
"Bein Bad Ain't EZ"

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
Silver doesn't shine as much as the other colors? You must be joking...

It's all in how you take care of your car. Keep in mind that TurboIS's SBM has 8 coats of wax, and a show spray on it with lights up the wazoo.

I keep my silver well, and it's the brightest car on campus all the time, regardless of whether it's dirty or clean.

Don't get me wrong. I love the SBM.
My top choices in no significant order are:

Spectra Blue Mica, Millenium Silver, Solar Yellow
http://photos.yahoo.com/zubberde

·
Premium Member
15,322 Posts
dont get the blue. its the ugliest color out. the way it seems like a diff color when you look at it at diff angles. i hate the way it makes me smile every time i look at it. and i hate the deep blue tone to the sparkling blue it emits. so in closing, dont buy blue, or I'll send some of my "associates" after you.
seriously, no blue. that way i have a more exclusive color.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Originally posted by DonCorleone:
dont get the blue. its the ugliest color out. the way it seems like a diff color when you look at it at diff angles. i hate the way it makes me smile every time i look at it. and i hate the deep blue tone to the sparkling blue it emits. so in closing, dont buy blue, or I'll send some of my "associates" after you.
I'm sorry... I'm gettin SBM...

------------------
K.P. :)

·
Registered
509 Posts
what the heck? umm. r u joking??
dont tell me u have a silver or white.. coz i think they are good colors, but they are just way too common on the road .. dont u think? well. if u like to be the same with everyone else, good, then white/silver is for u.
personally.. i like blue.. and not surprisingly.

i LOVE MY SBM!!!!!!

Originally posted by DonCorleone:

------------------
01' Spectra Blue Mica

Fully loaded IS 300

·
Registered
11,902 Posts
Originally posted by Carnut:
Agent Smith,

I don't know which I like better, your neighborhood or your car

Both are beautiful ! ! !

Thanks...but what about my dog? You left her out. She is a pure bred Golden Ret. and she kicks ass

·
Registered
342 Posts
Agent-do you let your dog ride in the IS with you? I dont haul my baby around in the IS YET, but I do take him for rides in the GT. I think he feels special because when my fiance rides along, he rides shotgun, and my fiance rides in the back

Originally posted by Agent Smith:

Thanks...but what about my dog? You left her out. She is a pure bred Golden Ret. and she kicks ass

------------------
2001 IS300
2000 Eclipse GT

·
Premium Member
15,322 Posts
Originally posted by [email protected]:
what the heck? umm. r u joking??
dont tell me u have a silver or white.. coz i think they are good colors, but they are just way too common on the road .. dont u think? well. if u like to be the same with everyone else, good, then white/silver is for u.
personally.. i like blue.. and not surprisingly.

i LOVE MY SBM!!!!!!

hahaha you are a crack head. that was purely reverse psychology. i own a SBM. have since July 1st. think about that

1 - 20 of 20 Posts