Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi people!

I bought a used 2006 IS 250 and it doesn't have HID headlight in it. What is the best option for me to replace this to HID? I don't want any of those fancy custom headlights, I just want something like the factory HID (it's okay if it doesn't do auto-leveling or rotates when you turn). Should I go to Lexus dealer and have it done there? Or should I get an aftermarket?

I am newbie at this, so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks! :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh, please keep in mind I want HID that is the same or exceeds factory HID quality/brightness. How much does Lexus dealer charge for this anyway, does anyone know?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am a really horrible mechanic, so I don't think I can install it myself. I just got off the phone with Lexus dealer and first the guy was telling me it would cost me $3000+ to install them, and then he went to confirm it with his mechanic, he came back with $9000+ quote! He said all the existing car wiring harness would need to be redone and that's how much it would cost total. Does that make sense??

He finally recommended me to go after-market...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay, I guess I am stuck with after-market. Anyone has any recommendation on which brand I should go for? I browsed around the net and some people say MTEC, some people say Philips are the best.

·
Registered
12,498 Posts
Welcome to my.IS, but 4 posts within the same thread? Maybe you want to try the ISX50's Inside & Out forum.

It's not that hard to install it. We have a DYI thread on this, please do a search.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
yah, but i would goto the local forum and find someone around you to install it for 100. that would get me to do it. its pretty chill to install especially when you buy the plug and play.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Welcome to my.IS, but 4 posts within the same thread?

calm down and back off alittle maybe? his 4 post are all pretty different
and ask good questions or state typical problems witih finding the right part.

check out aacstyle.com they are a vendor here and have a really good rep. the oracle kit is a good deal
ballast, hid lights, standalone wiring harness w/ relay.
email them for a quote. good luck

·
Registered
174 Posts
get a pnp kit if your not lookin to spend a shit load of money i can get kits lmk the install is pretty simple you might just have to drill a hole on the dust cover of you stock headlights theres a thread here on how to do it on a 250

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
I am a really horrible mechanic, so I don't think I can install it myself. I just got off the phone with Lexus dealer and first the guy was telling me it would cost me $3000+ to install them, and then he went to confirm it with his mechanic, he came back with $9000+ quote! He said all the existing car wiring harness would need to be redone and that's how much it would cost total. Does that make sense??

He finally recommended me to go after-market...
where are you located?
There are a few good places herein so. cal if thats where your located. . .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts