Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I have 2jzGte vvti I want to convart the system to non vvti what I most do and what I most change ??

·
Registered
524 Posts
why would you want to get rid of it? the vvti can only help you as there are no draw backs to it literally. If you take it out then you are going to loose alot of low end and spool up. I believe on that engine you can simply un plug the variable cam to see what its like with out it. The cam will go full retarded. You wont loose power up top but will lose alot on the low end side of things.

·
Registered
21 Posts
An easy way to solve this problem is sell your Toyota/Lexus and go get a Honda with VTEC. If your wanting to get rid of it. I love my VVTi.

·
Registered
339 Posts
AEM v2 will support VVTi I believe, haltech will, motec, proefi, etc.

Or you could just not hook it up.

Or, never tried, but I believe I have seen non VVTi came and gears shoved in a VVTi head.

·
Registered
297 Posts
to do it you will just need a set of non vvti cam. you will need to have the intake cam machined for the larger front vvti journal and a set on non vvti cam gears and your done. looking at probably. $100 for cams, $100 for the machining and $40 for the stock cam gears.

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
to do it you will just need a set of non vvti cam. you will need to have the intake cam machined for the larger front vvti journal and a set on non vvti cam gears and your done. looking at probably. $100 for cams, $100 for the machining and $40 for the stock cam gears.
that is EXACTLY what I had done back in 2005...with stock GTE cams replacing the stock VVT-i GE cams...

·
Registered
732 Posts
You have to keep the stock ecu no matter what you do, leave it connected to the vvti ect... all of the ecus for our cars use bridge cables that enable the stock ecu to control it.

Don't be such a fool.

·
Registered
11,816 Posts
Some people told me it's more difficult to tune the vvti.. but I don't know if it's thrue.
that's just bulls**t because you don't even need to tune it.

I'm going to run the MS3Pro from TokenSolutions and you turn off the VVTi settings when you tune so there's absolutely nothing to adjust. You just let the OEM ECU control it. Same thing for AEM EMS V2.

·
Registered
61 Posts
that's just bulls**t because you don't even need to tune it.

I'm going to run the MS3Pro from TokenSolutions and you turn off the VVTi settings when you tune so there's absolutely nothing to adjust. You just let the OEM ECU control it. Same thing for AEM EMS V2.
Thanks for the info Jerm !

1 - 18 of 18 Posts