Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, i am thinking to get a new car. i really like the IS, but with my budget i can only lease a car at price like that. my parents only wish to pay cash to buy a car at the price like prelude or cecilia. so should i lease an IS or pay cash to buy celica or prelude or do i get other better options??

ps. if for leasing, i will put down 13k canadian dollars and then paying 300 each month..

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
Wow, if you're putting that much down I would buy a new car: prelude, celica, integra, maxima....

My $0.02

-crontab -l

------------------
An Ecstatic Owner of a Fully-Loaded Graphite Gray 2001 Lexus IS 300

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Living in Canada (where you get real snow), I would get the new Subaru WRX model (approx 215hp, all wheel drive, US$24K) which will be available in a few months.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I dont know about canada, but I read somewhere the celica is the #1 stolen car in the US. I like the prelude alot more, and an integra the most. If you can get a type-R I'd go with that. Also i think celica's are ugly, but thats just my opinion. And dont leave out an eclipes, I've seen some really tricked out ones. Even a jetta might be worth it if you plan on doing alot of mods. And the subaru wrx is kickass, but also kinda ugly.

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
accord is the number one stolen car in the US..Eclipses are ugly, there are no more type R's...i'd go with a gts celica, preludes are soon to be distinct.

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
Originally posted by Lexus_IS300:
accord is the number one stolen car in the US..Eclipses are ugly, there are no more type R's...i'd go with a gts celica, preludes are soon to be distinct.
The word you're looking for is "extinct" not "distinct." At least, I think so...

·
Registered
398 Posts
Well, the most important factor I will use when deciding on a car is the drivetrain. Out of RWD, FWD, AWD (and part time 4WD etc), where I live, I will go for a RWD.

Then transmission. AT, CVT, clutchless MT (there's so many names for this now) and MT (and how many gears it has). I will definitely go for the MT.

Then utility. 2DR, 3DR, 4DR, 5DR, pickup, convertible etc. etc. At current stage in life, I would pick a 4DR. (Drove 2DR and 3DR for too long. I don't want to fold my seats down everytime someone sits in the back anymore.)

Of course, your pick would be different. But let me just say that the Celica's 6 speed Transmission has a better feel than my Altezza's 6 speed transmission. I would go for the Celica. You can only drive a 2DR (or 3DR) at certain stages in your life. Take the opportunity.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts