Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Jew
25,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok..... I want to know some good shit I need to download from LimeWire.... I'm running out of ideas.

I listen mainly to underground Hip-Hop (J5, The Roots, OGC, Smif N' Wessun, Aceyalone, Mikah9, Abstract Rude), but my favorite group is 311.

Any recommendations??????

·
Jew
25,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the recommendations

I've never heard of SOAD or Taproot.....

And as for Disturbed and Tool (don't take offense here.... this is strictly IMHO)..... I hate that music...... sorry bro.... just me.

·
Registered
38,938 Posts
The Roots' latest, Phrenology, is off tha HIZZOOK!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Sounds to me like you like the hip hop beat with actual musicians, not samplers.

Check out Lovage.

It's produced by Dan the Automator. Sometimes it's listed under Nathaniel Merriweather Presents Lovage, Music to Make Love to Your Old Lady By.

Kid Koala cuts up Airplane dialogue, Afrika Bambaataa, Damon Albarn and Elysian Fields singer Jennifer Charles is on it.

Also, Mike Patton (of Faith No More, Mr. Bungle, Tomahawk) is on it.

The new Beck kicks ass too.

If you can't find any of this stuff, I can email it to you or put it on an FTP site.

I hate for you to have to spend $$ on music.

·
Registered
10,470 Posts
IS300included said:
Thanks for the recommendations

I've never heard of SOAD or Taproot.....

And as for Disturbed and Tool (don't take offense here.... this is strictly IMHO)..... I hate that music...... sorry bro.... just me.
No offense taken - SOAD and Taproot are rock bands as well, so nix them from your list.

·
Jew
25,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ATLDave said:
Sounds to me like you like the hip hop beat with actual musicians, not samplers.

Check out Lovage.

It's produced by Dan the Automator. Sometimes it's listed under Nathaniel Merriweather Presents Lovage, Music to Make Love to Your Old Lady By.

Kid Koala cuts up Airplane dialogue, Afrika Bambaataa, Damon Albarn and Elysian Fields singer Jennifer Charles is on it.

Also, Mike Patton (of Faith No More, Mr. Bungle, Tomahawk) is on it.

The new Beck kicks ass too.

If you can't find any of this stuff, I can email it to you or put it on an FTP site.

I hate for you to have to spend $$ on music.
You hit it on the head..... I like a good.... clean hip-hop beat with a vocalist (be it a rapper or singer) that can flow with the music and use his/her voice as an instrument and not a tool for communication.

I've heard of Kid Koala.... but not Lovage... LimeWire hasn't either.... cause it's not there.... damn.

But thanks for helping bro......

As far as paying for my music..... I'll pay for it if I download it first and like it.... then I'll buy the real CD (you should see my collection).

·
Registered
279 Posts
im kind of into rap/hip hop that isnt so mainstream

buy

clipse-lord willin
n.e.r.d.-in search of...
nas-illmatic
wu tang clan-wu tang forever
outkast-ATLiens

my favorite cd right now is mos def-black on both sides, the beats are sick and if you have never heard mos flow then you are in for a real treat

for some rock

hoobastank
trust company
new found glory

·
Jew
25,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
primetime69 said:
im kind of into rap/hip hop that isnt so mainstream

buy

clipse-lord willin
n.e.r.d.-in search of...
nas-illmatic
wu tang clan-wu tang forever
outkast-ATLiens

my favorite cd right now is mos def-black on both sides, the beats are sick and if you have never heard mos flow then you are in for a real treat

for some rock

hoobastank
trust company
new found glory
I own every cd you mentioned.

·
Jew
25,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
QuikVR6 said:
IS300included...

If you like J5 and The Roots....I urge you to check out People Under the Stairs. Really underground hip-hop from San Fransisco under the OM record label (house music label go-figure).

http://www.peopleunderthestairs.net/discography.html

Wow.... can't believe I found this.

QuikVR6.... this is the first time I was told about The People Under the Stairs. They're are now my favorite group... I own every single one of their albums, and love all of them.

I bought a damn turntable just so I could buy their vinyl only releases.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

+rep

·
Jew
25,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
tar_is300 said:
if you like hip-hop where the artist actully has some skill....if you can find it, the [email protected] (extended famm) is some good stuff....its been out for a while...but its still good.

Own it. Very awesome indeed. Nowadays, it's hard to come by hip-hop that I don't have. I'm currently working on a Sound Providers rarities collection, it turns out they cut a whole album with Asheru (one of the best emcees I've ever heard).

·
Founder
8,708 Posts
If you like guitar and harmony ala Simon and Garfunkle, check out Kings of Convenience.

And my current fav, though I'm just about tired of it now, is Gaelle. Like a neo-soul trip-hop vibe...

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Chops - Virtuosity
DJ Shadow
DJ Honda
DJ Krush
Talib Kweli + Mos Def = Blackstar
Blackalicious
Quannum
Mountain Brothers
Handsome Boy Modelling school
Kool Keith (Dr. Octagon)
Devin the Dude
Common

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
About this Discussion
19 Replies
12 Participants
LexRespect
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing