Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night, I traded in my 2001 IS300 solar yellow IS300 and drove away with a 2002 fully loaded solar yellow IS300. The accident/insurance company/bodyshop/towing company ordeal is finally over and look who is smiling now and who is not (those who tried to screw me over). Sorry, no disclosure on the settlements.

My only regret is not racing IS_300 last weekend at the clublexus.com meet!

·
Registered
397 Posts
Did it cost you anything? I want to do it too, but my 2001 is in tip top shape. Any word on what it would cost to trade in for a 2002?

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Nice. Did you get the stick or auto?

Originally posted by Nancy:
Last night, I traded in my 2001 IS300 solar yellow IS300 and drove away with a 2002 fully loaded solar yellow IS300. The accident/insurance company/bodyshop/towing company ordeal is finally over and look who is smiling now and who is not (those who tried to screw me over). Sorry, no disclosure on the settlements.

My only regret is not racing IS_300 last weekend at the clublexus.com meet!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Nancy, did you get your solar yellow at Park Place in Grapevine? Just curious, I saw one there last weekend and it was sweet. It had auto, escaine, no nav. Congrats and enjoy!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Nancy, did you get your solar yellow at Park Place in Grapevine? Just curious, I saw one there last weekend and it was sweet. It had auto, escaine, no nav. Congrats and enjoy!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, it was the one (auto with leather/ecsaine, etc.) sitting at Park Place Grapevine with 4 miles on it!! If you trade your car in there or get a new one from them, tell them Nancy with the yellow 2002 IS300 sent you and I will get a referral check, which I will split with you.

The 2002 has piping on the leather seats, really cool auto dimming rear view miror WITH a compass, chrome trim around the speakers and chronograph dials, nicer rubber dash, and most importantly curtain side airbags. If I had those airbags in my 2001, I would not have hit my head in the accident. Other new safety features include stronger brakes (Brake Assist).

It is priced within $25 of the MSRP sticker of my 2001 for the same options I had before - actually I think the 2002 is lower. I looked at the window stickers last night of my 2001 and 2002.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bruce,
Hey! Decided to follow me to Dallas, eh?
Heard you got married - congrats. Thought that was you from the earlier Bruce postings - your style never changes.

I'm learning to live. Where are you living and what are you driving now? Alan wants to modify my new 2002 IS so I will officially be a rice girl.
Anyone know where I can get a Hello Kitty baby t-shirt?

One more thing: Park Place Grapevine worked very hard to earn my trust and my business after everything that has happened and that means alot ot me.

Nancy

p.s. Oh, did I mention the cool gift I got for being a repeat customer? A polar fleece blanket in a soft sided Lexus logo black bag like they gave us at the BMW Z3 Reunion!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Nancy,

Hehehe. Yeah, I guess so. Last time I talked to Alan he said you lived close to us (we are at Brown and Ascension). But, we are building a house in Frisco and will be moving in a few months.

I am driving an 84 BMW 325e that I took from my parents when I went back to school. I am selling that soon as I am getting the Z3 1.9 that I had originally (babysitting it while my parents move Down Under for 2-3 years). The IS300 is for Staci as she is fed up with he Z3 (and Moritz BMW). Not sure where we are going to buy the IS from, but one of my tenants in B/CS is a salesman at Sewell in Dallas. I don't want to pay MSRP and we need Navigation, so we will have to wait a few months. I am not picky where we buy, I just refuse to pay MSRP.

Bruce

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Lucky bum! I just test drove the 2002 5-speed IS300 yesterday and boy was that loads of fun! I'm thinking of trading in my 2001 for the 2002 as well now, but the Sales Manager honestly told me that I should wait till Spring because the depreciation on my car will be about the same then as now. After all, I already took the biggest hit driving my IS off the lot already. Plus, who knows, maybe the price will drop a little later when the inital 2002 5-speed fever dies down a little...

In any case, I am happy now because I just had my ECU reprogrammed and my TRAC chip replaced. My IS feels like it pulls forwards harder now and the hestiation is gone...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts