Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I keep seeing your name pop up about this SRT intake.

Calm down boy.
Just start one topic. Wait for people to respond. There are no operators waiting for your every question. Just give people time to read it and respond. Otherwise, you populate this board with the same thread over and over. Other people don't get a chance.

My opinion on the SRT.
MO seems to be very thorough and honest.
From what I hear, the quality is great, the directions are clear, and install time is around 2 to 3 hours.
It requires a small amount of soldering, but shouldn't be too bad. If you need pics, do a search for them. Someone posted detailed pics of his SRT installed.

I ordered mine last week and it should be arriving this week.

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
SRT intake and ECU.

Be careful when installing the ECU. If your car's computer was anything like my VR6 you will fry the computer if not properly grounded. I urge anyone to be properly grounded. It aint fun to pay $1200 for a new ECU.

------------------
'01 Audi TT 225hp Quattro Coupe - Raven Black - Bose - Premium Package - Premium Grin

·
Registered
20,481 Posts
I ordered mine today..... hope I don't bounce my next rent check. Hope it's worth it. So is MO gonna be on Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous with all these orders coming in?? We're gonna find him chillin' at the playboy mansion soon.

TT, How do u ground it??

[This message has been edited by PMD911 (edited January 25, 2001).]

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wdskuk posted again at 2:37...
I think he's mocking me.
I'm serious though. Wdskuk...just do a little searching. The information is all here. Everyone who bought the intake had the same questions as you. They were all answered.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Hey sophie i'm just trying to get some information for installing the srt intake into my is300. I'm just trying to ask everybody if the intake will ruin the engine and if it's hard to put the ecu in cause i never did this before

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Understood. However, the answers are in all the other posts.

To answer your 2 questions above.

As far as anyone can tell on the board, it does no harm to the engine. Everyone who has had it installed to my knowledge likes it. It gives about 12hp at the wheels which means about 17 hp at the crank. The ECU needs to be wired in, but should not be too hard.

With any increase in horsepower, there will be more strain on the engine, so if you're worried about that, well it's your call.
Same thing with mileage.

Keep in mind that most people on this board are true enthusiasts. Most all of us would never knowingly put something on our cars that will be detrimental. I wash my car at least 2-3 times a week in the freezing temps. My car is polished every weekend with Finish First in a garage every weekend. No one sits in the back seats. I even make my car it's own blankets and am getting custom embroidered floor mats. If you think you're particular about your car, stick around on this board for a while...there are people with serious problems. ( You check to see if it says "Up" on the back side of the e-shift yet?)

I already ordered the SRT intake. Waiting for arrival. Will do the install myself. If I do it on the weekend, I'll get a digital camera and show you everything I do.

[This message has been edited by SophieSleeps (edited January 25, 2001).]

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
I thought I was the only guy who washed his IS more than once a week. I don't do 3 washes, but I do a mid-week wash and a weekend wash/detail.

I have a spray bottle of quick detailer (Meguiars) and several towels in the trunk. You never know when you have to get those grimey valet fingerprints off the door handles.

I keep one of those static sheets in the glove box to clean the dash and center console. No food and drink in the car. H20 is ok.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts