Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think Lexus IS300 is a popular car because I have seen more than ten in Monterey Park today, and I have only seen two new Acura CL. Or it attracts Asians only???

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
It is popular among most people I think. There are some many of them in Irvine and Costa Mesa, and most of them I have seen are white males in their 30's dress like business executives (probably their toy car). This is a car that is clearly eating away the 3 series as I have only seen one 330i after it was introduced. Most people I know now has something against the German cars except for the VW (go figure).

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
I think its not so much that people are against the 330C/I but rather that there are too many on the road (E36 and E46)BMW's....The IS is an excellent alternative and for the time being having one grants the owner some exclusivity.... In the first year of production I think only 25,000 were made (compared to the BMW's 80,000 E46's)...Of course in the near future there'll be just as many IS's on the road (same thing happened to the GS400/GS300)...

-Chris Y.

·
Registered
219 Posts
It is not so popular here in St. Louis, MO YET that is why I got mine. Everyone here drives a BMW's or Volvo's but it is a very conservative city. I love the styling of the IS300 better than BMW. Just my 3 cents....

------------------
TC
Spectra/Blue
17" Lexus Chome
'01 Nissan Pathfinder

·
8,880 Posts
In 6 month I've only seen another 3-4 IS300s on the road. Lots of BMWs thou. Gives me a great feeling of originality (at least for now).

·
11,061 Posts
I only see one or two other ones each month. I like it that way! (Oh, I know that will change though.)

------------------
'01 SBM, Black Leather - LSD - 17" Graphite Wheels - Loaded (minus moon roof)

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I've yet to see another IS300 here on the road in Minnesota... everyone else's must be parked.

Scott.

------------------
...yet another proud owner of a fully loaded Graphite Gray Pearl '01 IS300

·
Registered
654 Posts
Yeah, I guess we should enjoy that short thrill you get when you see a fellow IS on the road (and maybe pull up to wave) given the fact that soon it will be as common as any other car...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts