Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so a few weeks ago I got a check engine light and it said that the engine idle was not correct. So I got some carb cleaner, removed the throttle body, and cleaned it show it was shiny again. While I was taking it apart, I took everything off the throttle body, there was no warning about not removing the throttle position sensor in what I had read.
Put it all back together, and the car started but would not stay running.
Verified the check engine code and it was the the TPS had low voltage.
Researched that and adjusted the TPS so that it is now .72VDC while engine is off. Also the resistance of the TPS is within spec and everything checks out.
There are no error codes on the computer, and I have removed the ground wire from the battery several times to reset the ECU but it still isnt running.
Anyone got any guesses?

tl;dr cleaned throttle body now car doesnt run
-Stephen

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
jasonm4444 thank you for replies, You wrote most of the posts I saw on fixing this issue.
The good news is I did not damage the sensor, the bad news it was user error.
I have an intake tube, and i removed it when I removed the throttle body.
On previous vehicles i was able to leave the MAS hanging out with nothing bad happening, not on the IS300.
If you do not have airflow going over the MAS the car does not run, it will start then die.
I left it off to make sure I got everything back together, and only put it on to clean up my mess some.
No MAS = No Go

1 - 6 of 6 Posts