Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few days ago, I started my car and out of nowhere it began to smell like some food was being cooked/fried.

And now, after the car is on for more than 5 minutes, it always smells like breakfast.

I didn't put anything into the car or on the car that would cause this. I checked the engine bay, then the exhaust system to see if someone put some stuff into my pipe.

No dice.

Does anyone have any insight into my stupid dilemma? haha

·
Premium Member
12,268 Posts
Redline it and see how far the rodent in your exhaust flies. My initial bet is 75ft.

·
Registered
138 Posts
hhaha Brian wtf. i think you should first figure out where the smell is coming from

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
check on your exhaust system, catalytic converter, etc. Maybe something was hibernating up there and that's when you started the car and cooked it

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Gross, you have a small rodent problem. At least it isn't roaches inside the car like that one guy.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Whats up bmakkancial? You car smelling like breakfast? When was the last time you had fluid flushes or a service done? Also rodent problem might be the case but the car would smell like stinky rotten meat, instead of eggs, sausages, and pop tarts. Hoped this helped, enjoy.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Whats up bmakkancial? You car smelling like breakfast? When was the last time you had fluid flushes or a service done? Also rodent problem might be the case but the car would smell like stinky rotten meat, instead of eggs, sausages, and pop tarts. Hoped this helped, enjoy.
Everything is up to date, except for a transmission flush. I doubt I have a rodent problem. It smells good every time. haha.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
egg McMuffin in the exhaust??? at least it smells like breakfast not SH*T! :D

·
Registered
609 Posts
This post made me hungry.

Honestly though, I can't think of anything except the rodent problem that several people already suggested.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go get breakfast...

·
Registered
138 Posts
do you start the car right when you enter? try getting in the car, take sniff and then start. maybe it's just your mcd's eggs at the trunk

1 - 20 of 25 Posts