Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
flame away guys if you want, but I searched first i promise. in my searches i found some threads about the tali lights on the darker cars being the smoked/black ones. and the ones on lighter cars being the chrome ones. i have IBP and was wondering if my stock lights are the same black chrome ones that everyone is talking all the hype about?? even if they're not, they are obviously darker than the solid chrome. i have the clear inner brake lights and i want to trade my tails for some chrome ones, because the smoked/black ones look too dark. so my question is, are the stock ones the black chrome? or are they just smoked darker? i cant tell

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
yea, on the 02's the darker colored cars come with the "smoked" chrome tail lights. it's not the glass that's smoked, it's the piece that's shiny that's smoked chrome. the lighter colored cars come with the plain chrome lights. there is also the jdm flat black tail lights, these are the ones everyone wants.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Re: I SEARCHED!! didnt find what i needed about tail lights.

10secondIS said:
i have IBP and was wondering if my stock lights are the same black chrome ones that everyone is talking all the hype about?? even if they're not, they are obviously darker than the solid chrome. i have the clear inner brake lights and i want to trade my tails for some chrome ones, because the smoked/black ones look too dark. so my question is, are the stock ones the black chrome? or are they just smoked darker? i cant tell
i feel you on being confused about which is which, but ur taillights are black or do they look like... a greyish chrome tint? if they are black ill b happy to trade

·
Threadlocker
8,984 Posts
Re: I SEARCHED!! didnt find what i needed about tail lights.

SexMyLex said:
10secondIS said:
i have IBP and was wondering if my stock lights are the same black chrome ones that everyone is talking all the hype about?? even if they're not, they are obviously darker than the solid chrome. i have the clear inner brake lights and i want to trade my tails for some chrome ones, because the smoked/black ones look too dark. so my question is, are the stock ones the black chrome? or are they just smoked darker? i cant tell
i feel you on being confused about which is which, but ur taillights are black or do they look like... a greyish chrome tint? if they are black ill b happy to trade
all the US cars have the greyish tint. "black" is/was only available in japan.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts