Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
but it seems either I cant express in words what I want to do with the search button, or it doesn't like me today..

I got in a car accident and they had to replace the taillights, now the taillight out warning light thingy stays on, how on EARTH do I take it off?!

sometimes when I turn on the car, it wont turn on until I press the brake..

please dont flame!! I DID SEARCH! :)

·
Registered
142 Posts
but it seems either I cant express in words what I want to do with the search button, or it doesn't like me today..

I got in a car accident and they had to replace the taillights, now the taillight out warning light thingy stays on, how on EARTH do I take it off?!

sometimes when I turn on the car, it wont turn on until I press the brake..

please dont flame!! I DID SEARCH! :)
open your trunk.. on your tailights, your see 2 circular taps.. us a flathead and pop those off, then a phillips head, un screw, then take off then carets thing in yur trunk behind your tailights, once thats off, take a flathead, push down on the white tabs back there, and the light should pop out.... and then its pretty easy from there

and maybe your car is still like I GOT HIT HELP ME lol thats probally why, other then that i dont know, check the wireing? check the lights. make sure u check every bulb.. signal n everything..... somethings up with one of the bulbs.. and not the wires hopefully, take it easy bub, get back to me and tell me whats up

Reactions: lex2003is3

·
Dr. JDM
9,332 Posts
get a new bulb. one filament is out

Reactions: lex2003is3

·
Registered
681 Posts
i had somethin like that happen to me last week, one morning i got in to go to work saw the tail light out , so i went and checked it, i tapped on the outside housing and it turned back on, happened for about 4 more days each time i went to turn my car on so i'd go out and gently tap the tail light and it'd turn on,

the next day i finally took it apart and noticed that one of the bulbs was really loose, fixed it and it hasnt happened since (knock on wood)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts