Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was with my friends riding along when I see a black car in the distance make a right hand turn onto our road maybe it was someone from here
(golf an meacham). I say to my friends, man look at that lame Prelude with those wanna be IS300 lights, man I hate riceboys..... Well we catch up to after awhile (not on purpose) and I'm looking at those lights when I notice a second pair on the trunk like an IS300, I'm like what the heck man? Can't this guy buy a real IS300 instead? Well I finally get real close and I notice that it IS an IS300.... I was so freakin' used to seeing riceboys with these Altezza lights that I automatically assumed it wasn't an IS300.

I really frickin' hate riceboys now.... Cause I bet other people when they see a TRUE IS300 for a second they assume it's a prelude or accord or even a civic.... This makes me so very pissed.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I agree. I saw a black civic with the IS tail lights. My freind who was in the car chimed in with the typical 'that's cool' response. I just chuckled, not even bothering to retort.

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
well if i wanted, i could say
man what's up with those stupid is300 taillights. they look just like the altezza ones ad the is300 doesnt' even perform like the altezza, it doesnt' even have a manual! man....stop being so anal about your taillights....

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
MrClam, I dunno what car you like but would you like some riceboy souping up their Civic to make it look exactly like a M3? No... alright then.... same thing applies here

·
13,978 Posts
i saw a riced up honda with the IS lights the other day on the highway. i sped up and pulled right in front of him. he came around me and then i just shook my head and laughed!!!!

[This message has been edited by oneeyejack (edited September 28, 2000).]

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
there's nothing wrong with teh blue accord..it looks tasteful if you ask me. and as far as souped up m3s go....95+ tercels can get a wings west body kit and it will look exactly like an m3.......do i care? no not really. hell he can even put an m3 badge on it for all i care, but if i ever see him, i'll rip him a new azzhole and show him waht real M power is.....

·
Registered
67 Posts
I like the six exhaust pipes on the red car. I think I'm gonna put that on my IS because it will be super fast then. I do think the blue Accord looks pretty good, but I think I would have left that wing off.

[This message has been edited by JakeB (edited September 28, 2000).]

·
Registered
187 Posts
I agree, I would've just left the wing off the blu accord above and at most get a very small wing with no gap...

The red car is a prelude...believe it or not...

Well whatever, neither one is an IS so I can careless...

·
Registered
23 Posts

"I say to my friends, man look at that lame IS300 with that wanna be Ford axle, shape, model, utility, whatever."

"I really fricken hate riceboy-haters-and-pompous-Lexus-drivers now..."

P.S. Yeah, there were also Benz, Duryea, etc., who coinvented the auto or parts of it.

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
agreed goacura, i really think some of you guys here are way too snobby about your precious taillights...some of these cars had your taillights before the marque is300 was created so now you think everyone wants to look like you? maybe a few people, but altezza taillights have been popular forever

·
Registered
67 Posts
Clam:
The Altezza lights have been popular since they came out on the Toyota Altezza, not forever. The car came out in 1999. I really don't mind the Altezza lights on some of the other cars (like Accords)...I think the ones that look really stupid are the all clear ones.

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
well the taillights have been around far longer than the is300 and when you guys are like "omg he stole my taillights" its kind of stupid

·
Registered
26 Posts
First of all, to all those people who hate riceboy, needs to shut the h*ll up. Why ya being hating on rice boys, the only reason they put altezza light on their prelude or civic to to make it look good ok. Not all of us have 35k to spend on a car, not all of us have that kind of money. SO be4 you sit there and hate on somebody, think about it.

Ya should be glad riceboy put altezza light on their car. It mean they like the light on your car, and they want it on their cars too.

speak the truth

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
Originally posted by ISisBEST:
I just laugh. They are spending all that money on mods to LOOK like a car it will never be
or did u spend money to look like the riced up accords? they predate you, thus ur the imitator. chicken or egg?

ponder away

·
Registered
10 Posts
yo ! comeon guys..rice boys? lol i'm chinese and i got an IS...but yeah i undesrtand what u guys mean..but ONE THING. if u know any thing about cars..its that the japanese version of the accord came up w/ the IS lights first..not exactly the same but smaller..but those are the ones used by the "riceboys" cuz its a japanese product. it came out before the IS. there. no more arguments.

·
Premium Member
15,322 Posts
it doesnt matter anyways
i like my car and thats it
i dont care what you do to yours cause im not driving it. If your car is comical, i will laugh (ie a ford woodgrain wagon with three spoilers, 7 exhausts, a nike sticker 12inch chrome rims or rubcaps, and a vtec sticker)

MrClam, remember that Del Sol TEG posted made up to look like a Z3, now that was funny (two imitation club antitheft devices)

just because you tune your car does not make you a ricer, a ricer has no taste, no idea of what tuning is and sticks on plastic pieces and stickers that make his car an eyesore that still cant go fast since he did nothing to make it go fast.

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
When did the JDM Accords have IS tail lights? All you have to do is go to the Honda website and see that the Accord does not have IS tail lights. Not even close. The aftermarket calls these IS imitations Euro clears...I have no idea why since Accords in Europe appear to have the same lights as we do here in the US. They do not look like IS lights. Someone find me an unmodified picture of an Accord that pre dates the Altezza, then I'll believe it. I can't find one. Thanks.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts