Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My IS was parked in my friends driveway. I go out for the night, leavin the car there. Come home the next day, look at my car, and YES....THERE IS A HUGE F*CKING DENT IN THE RIGHT FENDER. Its about the size of 2 basketballs. No note, no nothing. The residents of the house DENIED backing into it, and now i am stuck with nothng but a huge dent. Do you guys have any suggestions, any aftermarket items i should get to replace it? My hood my be off line too. Im pissed.... :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed:

·
Registered
4,548 Posts
ISsard22CU said:
My IS was parked in my friends driveway. I go out for the night, leavin the car there. Come home the next day, look at my car, and YES....THERE IS A HUGE F*CKING DENT IN THE RIGHT FENDER. Its about the size of 2 basketballs. No note, no nothing. The residents of the house DENIED backing into it, and now i am stuck with nothng but a huge dent. Do you guys have any suggestions, any aftermarket items i should get to replace it? My hood my be off line too. Im pissed.... :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed:
That SUCKS dude!

Did you call the cops and have them investigate it? they could always look at the neighbors cars to see if they have any of your paint, and you theirs.

Knowing how soft the IS paint is, it should have left some on their car if they in fact did it.

I don't know of any aftermarket fenders for the IS at all, sorry I can't help you.

Good luck, and keep us updated!

Kane

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i did call the cops, they did show. I filed a report, and no cars in the area had my paint on them. No paint was gone from my car though, little wierd, paint is just chipping from the cracks. I dont know what to do, this SUCKSSSSSSSS, people are so f*ckin dishonest these days. :pissed:

·
Registered
244 Posts
Parked up a driveway- and a dent that big.... it had to be them backing into ur car and denying it. I'd blame them until sum other krazy explaination is uncovered. Guilty bastards :-?

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
I don't know about US laws, but in Canada, we can file a "hit & run" report. The only thing we would have to pay is the deductible... and since it's a comprehensive claim, the insurance rate will not be affected. How much do you think are the damages? More than 300$??

Anyhow, good luck!!

·
Registered
611 Posts
I feel for you. I know how it feels when your baby gets hurt! :(

Good luck with your investigation.

·
Registered
20,030 Posts
ISsard22CU said:

Hello ISsard22CU

I am so sorry to hear about your accident. Lest week, some guys shot BB guns at my IS, broke the rear window, took my radar detector, etc. I know how you feel.

You have auto insurance don't you? I hope you do. This is what I did.

I called the police and he did an investigation. That night, i called my insurance company to file a report. The next day, I called Lexus and left my car at the body shop to have it repaired. The body shop would send the info to the insurance company. Since my deduct is 250, I only pay the 250 and the insurance company pays the rest.

If I were you, I would use factory parts and not use after market ones.

Good luck!

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Damn.... sorry dude. Let me know if I can help with getting parts.

ISsard22CU said:

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the tips guys- I think im just gonna send it to a bodyshop, pay the deductable, and have insurance take care of the rest. I still wanna know who did it though..

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Sorry to hear about your car...........damn that sucks. I would go through insurance as well because that is what you pay them for.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
sorry to hear that man, i had tha same thing happen to me, i wuz washin my car and i noticed that someone hit me, i wuz like wwwuuuut! had to pay 350 to get it fix

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
dayam chris, that sux bro!! sorry to hear that... at least no one was hurt... and trust me, i know the feeling all too well... its just apart of life... you gotta take the good with the bad... you should see if they can fix your front grille piece under the claim.... and if u have any other pieces that need painting... (engine pieces or eyelids, etc.) get them painted under that claim too.. good luck bro

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Lexotic Concepts said:
dayam chris, that sux bro!! sorry to hear that... at least no one was hurt... and trust me, i know the feeling all too well... its just apart of life... you gotta take the good with the bad... you should see if they can fix your front grille piece under the claim.... and if u have any other pieces that need painting... (engine pieces or eyelids, etc.) get them painted under that claim too.. good luck bro
Dan- Indeed you do know the feeling. I thought how mad i was, couldnt amagine how mad you have been. shit happens. i thought about trying to get my grill fixed to, but how could i incorporate the fender to the grill? Maybe i will do some uunclipping of plastic in engine bay while im painting. Gimme a call or hit me up on AIM - uterback22 peace

·
Registered
4,693 Posts
since they dont want to confess just hijack a plane and fly it into their house :crazy: but seriously do0d thats f*cked up...i'd check with your insurance company to see what kinda claim you can file

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
aight so my insurance deductable is almost 1,000! So, i wont be telling insurance, and paying for it myself. Im just hoping that my hood is ok!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
About this Discussion
22 Replies
17 Participants
BlackLex300
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing