Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i wanted to get some some thoughts on couple of mods before i do them... 06 Tungsten Pearl (aka silver) IS250

HID's: H11 Conversion Kit, cant decide on either 6500K or 4300K?

Yellow Fogs tints: loved it on the first generation so i thought maybe again?

Halos: Since i dont have AFS i though about halos 8000K?

Blacked out Headlights: If i'm gonna do the halos might as well paint the housing flat black?

Smoked out tint overlays for Tails: So far from what it looks like in the pictures it looks nice, any thoughts on that? Probably get it on the reflectors as well...

Tints: Soon as summer hits throw some ceramic tints in all windows excpet front windows(illegal)

any other thoughts or opinions would be appreciated..
car cant really be used for performance, so i though i'll just make it look nice..

thanks in advance... :approve:

·
Registered
382 Posts
mods are all personal choices.. if you like it.. get it.. doesnt matter what other poeple think.. as for you HIDs.. 4300 will get you the best visibility.. 6500 will give you that nice white glow with a hint of blue...

Reactions: kingofthievez

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mods are all personal choices.. if you like it.. get it.. doesnt matter what other poeple think.. as for you HIDs.. 4300 will get you the best visibility.. 6500 will give you that nice white glow with a hint of blue...
Thanks for being the first one to actually reply!!! Mods are all personal choices, but just wanted some input, thats all...

REP++++

·
Registered
106 Posts
as far as mods go, you wont get much hp gain from it.
i have an injen intake with tanabe medalion exhaust...i feel a very VERY slight increse in hp and a bit of a torque gain. my car pulls beter than before but its not that much faster.
but as far as sounds go...tanabe exahust sounds hecka sick. and the HKS hi-power, to my opinion, doesnt sound as deep and growling as the tanabe.
YouTube - KrapWerdna's Channel
i have some vids there

im actually gonna get the HID kit 6500k. i wouldnt consider the 4300k only because its about the same as the 07+ models.
(i find it really stupid that the 06 models dont have HID but the rest do T.T)
i actually have tints for my taillights and headlihts/foglight. i say go get them done at a tint shop...kuz i put them on my tails...and its reallly REALLY HARD to get them on perfect. i havent put on my headlight/foglight smokes yet but im going to after i put on my HIDS. as for my foglights...i have blue tints...which look really nice at night because it gives it and HID look. but in the day...its too blue. so im gonna remove that and put on the smoke tints after i get matching HIDs for the fogs.
the HID kits is only 225 with s/h at xenondepot.com. its 224 w/o s/h but you get a coupon code for my.is "code = mis" and you basically get shipping for free. with the code its 199.99 then plus shipping is 225. which i think is a great deal. x]

hope all that helped in your choices. x]

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
as far as mods go, you wont get much hp gain from it.
i have an injen intake with tanabe medalion exhaust...i feel a very VERY slight increse in hp and a bit of a torque gain. my car pulls beter than before but its not that much faster.
but as far as sounds go...tanabe exahust sounds hecka sick. and the HKS hi-power, to my opinion, doesnt sound as deep and growling as the tanabe.
YouTube - KrapWerdna's Channel
i have some vids there

im actually gonna get the HID kit 6500k. i wouldnt consider the 4300k only because its about the same as the 07+ models.
(i find it really stupid that the 06 models dont have HID but the rest do T.T)
i actually have tints for my taillights and headlihts/foglight. i say go get them done at a tint shop...kuz i put them on my tails...and its reallly REALLY HARD to get them on perfect. i havent put on my headlight/foglight smokes yet but im going to after i put on my HIDS. as for my foglights...i have blue tints...which look really nice at night because it gives it and HID look. but in the day...its too blue. so im gonna remove that and put on the smoke tints after i get matching HIDs for the fogs.
the HID kits is only 225 with s/h at xenondepot.com. its 224 w/o s/h but you get a coupon code for my.is "code = mis" and you basically get shipping for free. with the code its 199.99 then plus shipping is 225. which i think is a great deal. x]

hope all that helped in your choices. x]
thanks for ur input.. i think i'm leaning towards the 6500K myself now, and 8000k for halos.. any still undecided on yellow fogs.. thanks again!

+rep

·
Registered
106 Posts
thanks for ur input.. i think i'm leaning towards the 6500K myself now, and 8000k for halos.. any still undecided on yellow fogs.. thanks again!

+rep
my opinion is...yellow fog tints are that great on the 2is. comapred to the is300...the 2is is more luxurious looking than the is300 so the JDM yellow fog look doesnt look that good. i'd say get matching HIDs for the headlight and foglight.
but thats my opinion x]

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thats what alot of my friends been saying, dont go with the yellow fogs, so i think i might just do halos on the fogs too?! and please do share the website for the HIDS

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hmmm as i been thinking about it getting yellow fogs doesn't sound like such a good idea... maybe some Halos on the fog will look better?

·
Registered
106 Posts
hmmm as i been thinking about it getting yellow fogs doesn't sound like such a good idea... maybe some Halos on the fog will look better?
i dont think ive ever seen halos on fogs. but that would look pretty sick.
post up some pick and let me know how it turns out.
best of luck to you. x]

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
If you are only going to tint the rear windows I wouldn't do it at all. Everything else sounds good.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
If you are only going to tint the rear windows I wouldn't do it at all. Everything else sounds good.
thanks, yeah i really want to tint my front windows but illinois is strict as hell when it comes to that, maybe i'll just get really light in the front, and worse comes to worse i'll drive with my windows down...

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
All cars that come with HIDS from the factory use a 4300k bulb. If you want to get a little more colour without losing too much light output consider going with either the 5000k or 6500k. I definitely wouldnt go with anything above 6500k.

Steve

1 - 20 of 25 Posts