Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning to put the BBS LM back to my car.....
BUT.....I am a little lost on the Gold LM....
Wanna try Sliver LM....

Need opinion on Gold or Sliver, Red or Black Cap, Sliver or Black or Red or Blue Nuts. If anyone can photoshop the lug nuts color for me would be great! ;)

Gold with black Cap and Sliver nuts

Gold with Red Cap and Sliver nuts

Sliver with Black Cap and Sliver nuts

Sliver with Red Cap and Sliver nuts

·
Domestic Reaper
3,025 Posts
ok so I love the gold on your car but if you feel as though you must go silver (Basically GOLD>SILVER) then i would not do red center caps. Black centercaps with black lugs would look best. Make the wheels the main attraction... not the $100 dollar caps and lugs.

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
ok so I love the gold on your car but if you feel as though you must go silver (Basically GOLD>SILVER) then i would not do red center caps. Black centercaps with black lugs would look best. Make the wheels the main attraction... not the $100 dollar caps and lugs.
i agree. gold is hotter than silver. i say go gold with the black center and blue lugs

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
i like the gold but if you want different i say silver/black

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
gold with black cap and silver nuts.
meshes better with your color scheme. to me the red cap doesnt tie into the anything except the taillights. the silver nuts match the lip of the wheel, blue nuts might be too coordinated.

if you want some silver mesh wheels buy my Volk SF Winnings. :)

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
My vote is gold w/ the red center caps.

they all look good..but gold makes the car stand out even more.

·
Registered
213 Posts
If it was me I would get them a steel gray with the black cap and eithe blue or neochrome lugnuts.

Everyone seems to have gold mesh wheels and plain silver is just so overdone and neve seems to stand out on the car, so I would pick a wierd shade of silver to powdercoat them along with a bit of chrome micro flake to brighten them up a bit

·
Registered
360 Posts
would you be open for other ideas or just what you have listed?

IMO black mesh, lip painted to match car, black cap, and blue lugs or blk to blend

but if your sticking to what you have listed and you want a change then do silver mesh with black cap, and silver lugs

there is something about how this blend but stands out that i like it. just my 2 cents

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
would you be open for other ideas or just what you have listed?

IMO black mesh, lip painted to match car, black cap, and blue lugs or blk to blend

but if your sticking to what you have listed and you want a change then do silver mesh with black cap, and silver lugs

there is something about how this blend but stands out that i like it. just my 2 cents
Thanks for your idea...

I think I am not going to powerder coat my wheels.
If I am going to get the sliver LM, I will buy a set of sliver LM that made from factory. :blush:

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sounds like I should stick with my Gold LM and only work on the center cap =]

·
Premium Member
7,619 Posts
You asked for opinion I will give you my opinion. ;)

I'm more on the elegant end. Nothing loud or wild or too crazy. Your car looks very nice and Gold with black Cap and Black nuts would compliment your overall set-up. :approve:

GL Mr. Nigellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

·
Registered
13,905 Posts
Gold with black cap and either blue (if they match the car) or black lugs. I'm partial to black lugs since I don't think the lugs should stick out/be noticeable.

Either way you go, just say no to the red cap!

·
Registered
346 Posts
Go with the Blue and Gold man, nice colors. Those were my school colors back in high school, and when we wore gold helmets with blue uniforms and pants, it looked siiiick. But yeah nigellll, go with the blue and gold man, bomb. Change the emblems too, (if you have not), to gold (If in your budget). I think I talked to you about something before, just forgot what....Enjoy

·
Registered
590 Posts
i have gold bbs rgrs and I am in love with that color but I actually like silver with red the best on your car.
I agree 100% - silver and red all the way.
The silver looks classy, the gold's too flamboyant.
The red caps set it off nicely.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts