Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please help me out....I have steve @ carson toyota on the case...he's had no luck for a cpl weeks now....

I need the wheel spacers in order to put back on my stock rims/snow tires to clear the big brake kit....

anyone have experiance with spacers???

I've already tried www.optauto.com and they are SOLD out....

any help is much appreciated!

TIA

Marc :chill:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,885 Posts
Re: I need wheel spacers.....anyone??? where can i get them

tsopranoMB said:
Please help me out....I have steve @ carson toyota on the case...he's had no luck for a cpl weeks now....

I need the wheel spacers in order to put back on my stock rims/snow tires to clear the big brake kit....

anyone have experiance with spacers???

I've already tried www.optauto.com and they are SOLD out....

any help is much appreciated!

TIA

Marc :chill:
Wheel Spacers increase the camber problems on lowered cars and also more pressure for the tires, and it came out from a techs word which he himself sells H&R wheel spacers, he said its useless...

Matt :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: I need wheel spacers.....anyone??? where can i get them

frylai said:
tsopranoMB said:
Please help me out....I have steve @ carson toyota on the case...he's had no luck for a cpl weeks now....

I need the wheel spacers in order to put back on my stock rims/snow tires to clear the big brake kit....

anyone have experiance with spacers???

I've already tried www.optauto.com and they are SOLD out....

any help is much appreciated!

TIA

Marc :chill:
Wheel Spacers increase the camber problems on lowered cars and also more pressure for the tires, and it came out from a techs word which he himself sells H&R wheel spacers, he said its useless...

Matt :)
The only reason why I need them is to fit my stock wheels on....the stock rims will NOT clear the big brake calipers that I have...they require 18'' rims...

thus, my only option is to get the wheel spacers.....

:x

I cant drive on $1800 18'' rims with summer tires here this winter....

I need to put the stocks back on.... :wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,885 Posts
Re: I need wheel spacers.....anyone??? where can i get them

tsopranoMB said:
frylai said:
tsopranoMB said:
Please help me out....I have steve @ carson toyota on the case...he's had no luck for a cpl weeks now....

I need the wheel spacers in order to put back on my stock rims/snow tires to clear the big brake kit....

anyone have experiance with spacers???

I've already tried www.optauto.com and they are SOLD out....

any help is much appreciated!

TIA

Marc :chill:
Wheel Spacers increase the camber problems on lowered cars and also more pressure for the tires, and it came out from a techs word which he himself sells H&R wheel spacers, he said its useless...

Matt :)
The only reason why I need them is to fit my stock wheels on....the stock rims will NOT clear the big brake calipers that I have...they require 18'' rims...

thus, my only option is to get the wheel spacers.....

:x

I cant drive on $1800 18'' rims with summer tires here this winter....

I need to put the stocks back on.... :wink:
go to www.h-r.com, go the the US part and then go the dealers and go from there bro...

Matt :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
BigDaddyRich said:
Any reputable wheel shop/dealer should have spacers locally. did you check MotorSports 46?
nope, not yet, checked euro tire, and exclusive H&R dealer, they told me not to bother with them, nothing but problems with spacers they said, vibration issues, etc on bmw's, porche's....

however, they said I might get lucky and have no issues at all...

i told them it was my only option..

I have carson toyota and Dave is300soon looking for a set for me....its only a $55 pair, cant believe nobody has them..... :x
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
CRB said:
Why are you married to the stock rims?
because I have snow tires mounted on them that I used last winter....

I'm not going to waste money on new rims, not even sure if 17's can clear the calipers anyway....

and my ONLY and cheap option to have them clear my big brake calipers is to get the wheel spacers....

:x
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,294 Posts
vibration in spacers is BS. IF you dont know how to tighten a lug nut then i can say ... yes.

pretty straight forward. and simple. stop listen to dumb sales people think about what ur buying.. a huge metal washer, how tough can it be?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
BigDaddyRich said:
vibration in spacers is BS. IF you dont know how to tighten a lug nut then i can say ... yes.

pretty straight forward. and simple. stop listen to dumb sales people think about what ur buying.. a huge metal washer, how tough can it be?
true man, good point....

damn what a pain in the ass this is getting....driving the past few days on my 18's with the toyo t1-s, I can feel i'm not getting good traction anymore with the ground being so cold lately....my treads might be getting bad too, not sure how much life is left in these summer tires.... :-?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
14,416 Posts
I should be getting a pic of the product MB, if its correct ill grab it from him, and work the rest out with you.

David
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
is300soon said:
I should be getting a pic of the product MB, if its correct ill grab it from him, and work the rest out with you.

David
thanks man, but now from what webmaster posted, I dont think the 5mm spacers will help the stock clear the big brake kits's front calipers....

damn, i'm so confused.... :cry:
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top