Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm not even sure if it's an altezza wing. i bought this wing last january something for 75 bucks. i didn't even think about how it is going to look with my car. i just could not pass the painted spoiler for $75. i'm sure it's replica. anyways here is the wing

it's been there for like 7 months already. i was going to sell it because i think that wing is too aggressive on stock look. but i changed my mind since i got vizage kits 2 days ago. it was painted too..hella good price. $300

my problem - i took the oem spoiler out to test fit the new wing. there were like 9 or 10 holes on trunk. i was like wtf. i understand 4 holes for screws, 2 on each side. but there were so many holes on middle of the trunk where freaking plastic clips going in. it was kinda hard to take the oem spoiler out. because it has 4 screws, so many double sided tape + there were so many plastic clips. why did they need those plastic clips?
so what is the best way to cover those holes on trunk?
i was thinking about swappin the trunk with someone that has msm trunk without spoiler, but it's gotta be hard to find one.
so give me some advices
thanks for reading
eric

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
This is simple to answer:

take it to a shop, they will patch them up

then install the new spoiler

No biggie :cool:

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
is that simple? is it going to look like there are no holes before?
how much do they usually charge? u have any idea on price?
if it's possibe i want to do it myself. it's really fun that way.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
akk01is300 said:
let me see your present spoiler, ill trade you my stock msm trunk, just drive to nj.
it's just regular oem spoiler with brake light. i live in houston..lol

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
koreanboy82 said:
is that simple? is it going to look like there are no holes before?
how much do they usually charge? u have any idea on price?
if it's possibe i want to do it myself. it's really fun that way.

Will say this again....

Have you ever done body work?

Messed with fiberglass?

If not , leave it to a shop man people usually cause a bigger mess and mess things up being a "DIYer" sorry that is reality

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
IMPRIMIS said:
Will say this again....

Have you ever done body work?

Messed with fiberglass?

If not , leave it to a shop man people usually cause a bigger mess and mess things up being a "DIYer" sorry that is reality
I second this... If you have never done any sort of body work before, do not attempt this. A body shop needs to fill the holes on your trunk and then sand and repaint. Don't know why he (IMPRIMUS) said fiberglass, but the work is actually on the metal. They should weld the holes shut. Prolly looking around $300.00. They might be able to blend it at the crease which will prolly cut the cost in half.

Try to find somebody that wants to trade.

Hope you have a 3rd brake light inside your car too, otherwise you might wanna look into getting one of those too.

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
yeah welding works, I mentioned fiberglass cause I have seen it done with 2 part fiberglass before by a couple shops

I would prefer welding ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts