Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wan the Rims that are shinny .. there are the Rims on the IS that are not shinny .. what do I tell the dealer, and do they come with the skinny rims (see I have no idea what Im talking about .. thats why I must ask .. I don't want to seem like an idiot..hehe) So help!

·
Founder
8,708 Posts
The "Graphite Polished" rims are the same design and size as the regular 17x7" rims you normally see. They are a $400 option.

------------------
Tony
'01 Spectra Blue
'94 Turbo Miata

[This message has been edited by webmaster (edited December 17, 2000).]

·
Registered
354 Posts
You may also be talking about "chromed rims," which are the stock wheels chrome plated. They are very shiny - just like the finish on the chrome shifter-knob.
In Los Angeles dealers are charging up to $1500 for chrome wheels. But, you can get them for around $500.
The shine difference between the stock wheels and the "Graphite Polished" wheels is not that great, which is why I think you might be talking about chromed wheels instead.
Ask your dealer to show you the different wheel finishes available; then you'll know.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by Leader:
You may also be talking about "chromed rims," which are the stock wheels chrome plated. They are very shiny - just like the finish on the chrome shifter-knob.
In Los Angeles dealers are charging up to $1500 for chrome wheels. But, you can get them for around $500.
The shine difference between the stock wheels and the "Graphite Polished" wheels is not that great, which is why I think you might be talking about chromed wheels instead.
Ask your dealer to show you the different wheel finishes available; then you'll know.
YEAH! .. the chrome wheels are the ones! .. they are REALLY SHINNY .. like these ones I want ..

[This message has been edited by PoP Ur CoLLa (edited December 17, 2000).]

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
Chrome is much shinier...however you'll have problems in the future with chips and cracks in the chrome.

The graphite polished is a much classier, yet still shiny look.

I have a silver and have the stock 17 inch wheels. I wanted the graphite polished before, but now I actually think silver is better with the stock wheel.

Lexus does not offer a chrome 17 inch wheel. If the dealer says it can get them chromed, they are taking it to an aftermarket shop. You might as well do this yourself and save about a grand.

I'd get the graphite over chrome.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Actually Lexus does have chrome wheels, they are an option on the GS400, those wheels in the picture above this post are the same as the GS400 wheels...

'99 GS400/RMM Grille/Intake/L-Tuned ECU/L-Tuned suspension

-Chris Y.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by Chris Y:
Actually Lexus does have chrome wheels, they are an option on the GS400, those wheels in the picture above this post are the same as the GS400 wheels...

'99 GS400/RMM Grille/Intake/L-Tuned ECU/L-Tuned suspension

-Chris Y.
So when I go to the dealer ask them about there chrome wheels ... thanks

·
Registered
204 Posts
I have seen an IS300 with the official Lexus chrome wheels in a dealership's showroom down here. I think it was around $1500. Looked sweeet...

------------------
-IStheBest-

1 - 11 of 11 Posts