Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I hate to make a seperate post on this, but, I need some advice on painting my headlights. I know the procedure, and this and that, but I have a few pics of my headlights, and I was wondering what you guys think would look best? I personally want to paint my headlights to match my car, BUT, finding Cibola Gold paint is really hard. :(

Do you think smoking my headlights would be better? Gloss Black? I'm not sure.

I also have to take my headlights apart to put my ddes in, so I figured I might as well do everything together. Any advice is appreciate! Thanks! :bigSmile:

Here are some pics of the headlights right now (with and without flash).

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Paint them flat balck, it will look the best. What color is your car (White?)

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SilentAttack said:
Paint them flat balck, it will look the best. What color is your car (White?)
The color is cibola gold.

I thought black would look the best, but I still have mixed ideas :(

·
Runs on Rice
2,900 Posts
If you got the money, you can find any kind of paint you want. Give your paint code to a paint shop, and they will mix the paint for you accordingly. Ask about tri-city paint store in your area or the equivalent. They do custom mix according to factory code and they can put the paint into a spray can for you too. It will probably run you about 40 bucks for two 12oz bottles.

p.s. Cibola Gold Code 585

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I would go flat black... it would look really nice with the cibola gold exterior. Doing the headlights gold would just be too much!!!

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Yeah, I think the gold headlights may be too much also. I would go for a black look.

·
Threadlocker
8,984 Posts
gold would look great. haven't you seen that japanese DIY website with the gold altezza gita getting color matched tails?

any paint supply can mix up your color. it doesn't have to be matched because once you put the lens back on it will look good enough!

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
irv_usc said:
gold would look great. haven't you seen that japanese DIY website with the gold altezza gita getting color matched tails?

any paint supply can mix up your color. it doesn't have to be matched because once you put the lens back on it will look good enough!
no i haven't. do you have a link/pics of the car?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts