1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have been looking for is300 since it came out,
i finally got my money and gut together to buy one
i will buy it within couple weeks.
as you may already know, so many people around me are telling me different stuffs.
please let me know how u like your is
and persuade me to stick with is300.
any opinion will be helpful. :D

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
tell us the other cars that you are thinking of buying.

I love the car, everything about it, but the lack of power for how much you gotta pay.

But if you arent thinking about any other cars, then go test drive the IS300. And if you still wanna get it, then get it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you for your reply

i am thinking new maxima or
infinity G35...
but..
i personally do not think maxima can match lexus's style eventhough it has hugeeeeeeeee engine

and as far as G35, i don't like coupe. that means i have to get G35 4door
which means.. ugly..... as you all know

please tell me more about your is experience.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I just got mine and i love the way this beoootch brakes, the ride is incredible, and the handling is even better. the ladies love it too ... that is if your still on the market. :crazy:

·
Registered
172 Posts
I can't address the cons, but the pro: Lexus quality, dealer quality.
In Pittsburgh area the BMW,Audi, Nissan,Acura,Honda and Infinity dealers are useless.
Not very good to go to for service. The IS300 is rather rare, I've seen few,if any (maybe one). The car has enough power and can get away from you if you blink. I think it is the sharpest of all the Lexus except the LS430 which cost around 70K. If you live where it snows you must get four winter tires( and 16" wheels if you can). Good luck

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
imsdh,

hi

who cares what ur friends think about the IS300 regardless if its good or bad. Buy a car that ur comftable with. You might have a whole different view of the car then most people.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
VP500 said:
imsdh,

hi

who cares what ur friends think about the IS300 regardless if its good or bad. Buy a car that ur comftable with. You might have a whole different view of the car then most people.
w3rd

·
Registered
475 Posts
i personally love my IS, however, make sure you know full well going into this that the is is not the "fastest" car out of the bunch in stock form... just fair warning so you dont complain how the car is "slow" after you buy it. to me, the speed isnt everything...i havent driven any other car where i can just get in the car and go for an hour drive just for the hell of driving the car. i go to college and i live for the weekends i get to go home, get in my IS, and become one :D. no other car gives me such driving satisfaction, not even my friends evo.

·
Registered
824 Posts
imsdh said:
i have been looking for is300 since it came out,
i finally got my money and gut together to buy one
i will buy it within couple weeks.
as you may already know, so many people around me are telling me different stuffs.
please let me know how u like your is
and persuade me to stick with is300.
any opinion will be helpful. :D
Like other IS owners will say..I completely love the IS. 10 months of ownership and I enjoy it more and more everytime I get into it!!! True it isn't the fastest car out there (but can be very fast for $5k) but it is sooo much fun to drive.

Now you are comparing the IS vs. Maxima vs. G35 sedan. The biggest difference here is that the IS is very small compared to those two. The back seat is pretty tight for the IS with 4 adults. But I get 4 or 5 adults in my car several times a week...just something to consider.

·
8,849 Posts
|You get the point. :wink:
|
|
|
\/

·
Registered
385 Posts
Forget the Maxima, not because of its brand but because it's a big boat in handling. Handling is good for a big fwd car, but sucks compared to smaller rwd cars (no, I'm not just saying it's close but not as good, I'm saying its handling sucks).

If you plan on eventually building a 400+ rwhp car, the IS300 is the clear choice, otherwise the G35 is the better car quantitatively. That is, if you don't account for subjective areas like looks, etc which are opinion & not fact-based.

·
11,054 Posts
Gosha16 said:
to me, the speed isnt everything...i havent driven any other car where i can just get in the car and go for an hour drive just for the hell of driving the car...
I think that about sums it up.

·
Registered
197 Posts
dela said:
some tell me not to buy
What are their reasons for you NOT to buy?
1. gas mileage sucks!!! dunno bout the other drivers in here- but my commute to work is bout 30-40 mins street and hiway driving- that along eats up bout 1/4 tank each time! So i'm filling on avg bout 2X / week- and it's not cheap doing that with premium.
2. kinda cheap looking plastic inside.
3. no steering wheel controls for radio, cruise, etc...
4. cheap paint- too thin!

But- on the plus side- it does command some respect on the road- and the girls love it! it's got enough power for my needs, i.e. > most rice rockets and < Porsches...

so that's my $.02 on the P&C's of the Lex IS3! 8)

·
Registered
572 Posts
brc said:
dela said:
some tell me not to buy
What are their reasons for you NOT to buy?
1. gas mileage sucks!!! dunno bout the other drivers in here- but my commute to work is bout 30-40 mins street and hiway driving- that along eats up bout 1/4 tank each time! So i'm filling on avg bout 2X / week- and it's not cheap doing that with premium.
2. kinda cheap looking plastic inside.
3. no steering wheel controls for radio, cruise, etc...
4. cheap paint- too thin!

But- on the plus side- it does command some respect on the road- and the girls love it! it's got enough power for my needs, i.e. > most rice rockets and < Porsches...

so that's my $.02 on the P&C's of the Lex IS3! 8)
1) What were you driving before this? A civic? Its all about perspective. I'm getting hella better gas mileage than my 5-Series was. For me, the IS's gas mileage is a prize!
2) Thats what everybody says, but I think that it really only applies to thef the 2001 model year in my opinion. I think post 2001 models have a tolerable looking interior. Not drop dead gorgeous, but not cheap looking really... however, the 2001's and their graphite plates... you're right, they look like garbage.
3) I agree with you 100%, however, this doesn't concern me at all. For alot of people it is an issue, but I could care less. I guess I'm the type that when I'm driving, I'm driving.
4)Cheap paint? You do realize Lexus has their paint process patented right? And that Lexus is praised in the industry for their superior paint process? Lexus has one of the longest lasting paint in the industry. Take a gander at some of the oldest Lexus' on the road and check out how well their paint holds up and how little you will see the oldest Lexus cars with peeling, fading, or rusting problems.

Well, call me over-enthusiastic, but I think the IS has only a few shortcomings... one of which is a rather large shortcoming (power), but after they added the Memory Seats for 2004, thats all I needed... well keeping in mind they couldn't do anything about the power really... yet anyway. :wink:

·
Registered
824 Posts
Re: get 2005

darthvinh said:
I would wait for the is430.... 2005...
Dude all rumor...don't wait....

Dela about the paint..I don't think brc was referring to the lasting characteristics of the paint but that it is just a really thin coat of paint. The IS paint is really thin and chips easily....despite all f Lexus's awards for their paint process!

·
Registered
197 Posts

pmergler said:
darthvinh said:
Dela about the paint..I don't think brc was referring to the lasting characteristics of the paint but that it is just a really thin coat of paint. The IS paint is really thin and chips easily....despite all f Lexus's awards for their paint process!
yup- exactly! I've got a whole collection of paint chips all over the front fo my hood, back of the mirrors, front edge of the roof, and anywhere else this is exposed to air!! <-- j/k :p but i think u get the point.
i used to have a BMW too- and i think that the BMW paint is alot more durable and tough comparatively speaking!

·
Registered
572 Posts

pmergler said:
darthvinh said:
Dude all rumor...don't wait....

Ahhh, gotcha! :wink:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts