Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there my fellow my.IS brothers/sisters...

I need a part # on these suckers. These are the ones that goes on your grille tabs.

Thanks in advance. :approve: :approve:

·
Registered
6,193 Posts
Reactions: Tigger

·
Registered
6,193 Posts
Interesting.

Sewell's descriptions by part#
  • Lexus OEM Front Bumper Support 52117-53010
  • Lexus OEM Radiator Grille Garnish Clip 53145-16010
I wonder if there are 2 different clips. One that holds the bumper in place, and one that holds the grill+bumper in place. My clips have been replaced, so I'm not sure if there were two sets of clips with different part numbers.

·
Premium Member
5,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
^^^ Well then, sell me (4) four. ;)

·
Blue Devil
3,658 Posts
i can confirm that this is the part number: 52117-53010

i just picked up 4 at the dealership. they wanted to charge $3.85 each plus tax.

they've known me there for years now, so i told him no way, i found them online for $2.06 (which is true, but i would have had to pay a few bucks shipping), so he gave them to me for $2.20.

·
Registered
6,193 Posts
^^^ Well then, sell me (4) four. ;)
No COMMERCIAL posting allowed! - The Sale Forums are for IS300 owners and enthusiasts to trade and sell parts among each other. All commercial posts will be deleted and user is subject to account ban!

The Sale forums are not for businesses to advertise or unload goods. If you post more than one of the same item for sale that is considered selling for profit and will not be permitted here. Any company interested in advertising their goods and services at my.IS - Lexus IS Forum should go through the proper channels to do so.
Backdoor, behind the scenes, unauthorized, commercial and for profit sellers/service providers this is your official warning.

Selling via PM or otherwise using this website and it's resources to peddle your wares and your services will result in you being permanently banned.
:nono: :lol:

I have to pick up a couple of these too. My body shop used some generic clips that are a PITA to remove.

·
Premium Member
5,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
^^^ Report me to a Senior Mod if you have a problem about it.

Reactions: rvalero

·
Registered
6,193 Posts
^^^ Report me to a Senior Mod if you have a problem about it.
:lol:

Unless you are ordering other parts as well, I would just go to the local Lexus dealership and pick them up. By the time you pay shipping, you've already lost your savings. I think it's already been mentioned, but (if you care) sometimes you can get the parts guy to give you a better price.

·
Premium Member
5,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm all for keeping my car as much OEM as possible but it seems like a waste when you could probably go to an auto parts store and pick up a whole bunch of these for the same cost as 1 at the dealership.
I have an O.C.D. problem. It would bug the hell out of me knowing it's not OEM. :p

Reactions: chado

·
Dr. JDM
6,678 Posts
I have an O.C.D. problem. It would bug the hell out of me knowing it's not OEM. :p
it's like an echo in my head.. :p

i bought one of those last year to replace one of mine. the texture is different from those on other parts of the car, so you definitely need to get the OEM part. seeing cars with aftermarket bumpers and makeshift screws in there... ughhh. come on guys.. :)

i just bought some fresh screws that secure the bumper from underneath (there are eight of them). of course, $4 each at the dealer but i'd lose the savings on shipping buying from somewhere else. oh well. O.C.D. is expensive!!

·
Blue Devil
3,658 Posts
it's like an echo in my head.. :p

i bought one of those last year to replace one of mine. the texture is different from those on other parts of the car, so you definitely need to get the OEM part. seeing cars with aftermarket bumpers and makeshift screws in there... ughhh. come on guys.. :)

i just bought some fresh screws that secure the bumper from underneath (there are eight of them). of course, $4 each at the dealer but i'd lose the savings on shipping buying from somewhere else. oh well. O.C.D. is expensive!!
do you by chance have the part numbers for these??
freaking a$$hole that did my bodykit a few years ago before i became OCD with the car but some sh*tty screws under there, not to mention CUT my fender linders(!!!!) and a bunch of other STUPID things that i'm so mad at myself for noticing at the time, and God knows what else i'll find when i really start digging.

·
Registered
6,193 Posts
do you by chance have the part numbers for these??
freaking a$ that did my bodykit a few years ago before i became OCD with the car but some sh*tty screws under there, not to mention CUT my fender linders(!!!!) and a bunch of other STUPID things that i'm so mad at myself for noticing at the time, and God knows what else i'll find when i really start digging.
Before you get all 8, make sure they are long enough. I don't remember if you have a whole aftermarket bumper or just a lip.

I had some idiot cram the 10mm screw from the lowest part of the rear bumper (by the rear wheel) in the center mounting point of my grill :pissed:

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
I think these clips are different depending if it's 01-02 vs 03-05.

Does anyone know what 4 clips you need to hold the front grille for 04?
Dealer told me 53145-16010 and 90467-09172. But I don't trust that guy.

Anyone buy these 2 types of clips for their 04?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.