Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my driver side headlights aim higher than my passenger side, and it has been like this for a while and it's starting to get annoying, so i want to fix it. i looked in the manual but the pictures arent clear. and also the driver side and passenger sides are different. i took some pics, could someone please use paint or whatever to tell me which screws i need to turn, and which way?i dont even see any screws on the passenger side headlight. thanks

PASSENGER SIDE:

DRIVER SIDE:

·
Registered
480 Posts

sorry to tell u man.. but u will never get them to aim the same again, if we could put them on a machin and do it it would work but i had lexus try to put mine to aim togther again and after 3 hrs no go.... good luck though :chill:

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: ...

neiiy69 said:
sorry to tell u man.. but u will never get them to aim the same again, if we could put them on a machin and do it it would work but i had lexus try to put mine to aim togther again and after 3 hrs no go.... good luck though :chill:
er?? really?? what the hell, havnt heard of that before. is this true guys??? what causes them to mis aim anyways??? i dont understand... :-?

·
Registered
480 Posts

well i had a little fender bender, a snow plow hit my car last winter, but everything is new on there and they just couldnt get the new light to aim the same dont knwo why went to to auto body shops and 2 lexus dealers, maybe u might have better luck, take it to the dealer maybe the mecanics there will know better.... :chill:

·
Registered
6,231 Posts
there is a way to adjust the aim on the headlights. it just takes a lot of turning of the screw.
PM LCS575 .. he has a picture of with the correct screw to turn. :wink:

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I am not sure of the directions to turn so I am not much help, but I will show you where the two screw points are. The RED is one for sure and the BLUE is another, but I am not exactly sure where. I 'think' that it is the higher arrow point. You stick your screwdriver through that hole and find another wheel sort of thing similar to the one circled in red. Like he ^^ said, it takes a lot of turning to make a difference, and you don't want to be turning them in the worng directions or that will only make things worse.

·
Registered
15,540 Posts
dego is right on.... the first guess was the correct one...

the one on the very outside is the hardest to get to...

when using the screwdriver, dont use it as a prybar, instead, stick the flathead into the v-notch, and twist the handle 90 degree's...

try to count how many twists you turn each side, so that you keep it level.

Both of those knobs control up and down...

·
Registered
946 Posts
DegoIS said:
I am not sure of the directions to turn so I am not much help, but I will show you where the two screw points are. The RED is one for sure and the BLUE is another, but I am not exactly sure where. I 'think' that it is the higher arrow point. You stick your screwdriver through that hole and find another wheel sort of thing similar to the one circled in red. Like he ^^ said, it takes a lot of turning to make a difference, and you don't want to be turning them in the worng directions or that will only make things worse.

For the HID lights it's the second blue arrow from the outside. The other side of the car is just mirror backwards from that. You can shine the lights on a garage door or something, cover the light on the other side so just this one shines on the door. Turn and see which way you need to turn, then turn until you get the light where you want it. Then uncover the other light and see that they are even for height.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Yeah shine them on a wall or whatever, and use tape to mark where they start off. Then try to adjust them and you will be able to see where the light beam moves to.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts