Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Vehicle

This is my 2002 is300 hatchback. Now I am still a student and I’m planning to daily this car but there are a few things I just want to find if I can.
(Need to find) so the seal to the trunk, yk the rubber thing to keep water out from the trunk. Yeah I need to find that asap.

(need to find sooner then later) my shocks in the front and rear are super worn out so what’s the cheapest set of coilovers I can find that are ganunely good.

(help) what’s the best way to remove plasti dip from rims?

(Something that should be fixed) the car starts ruff, and when looking under it the other day there was oil all under the engine all dry but some was quite wet still. We are going to replace the gasket and hopefully that will fix that issue.

(Kinda need) tail lights, they are both cracked and well yeah

now if you guys on here can help me find these things that would be amazing, I’m still a high school student so If they can be found on the cheep or on sale I guess that would be great as well.

(Fun thing) I think that this would look amazing. to find lol.

btw sorry if you had a stroke reading this, English is not my first language.

·
Registered
2002 is300
313 Posts
Your English is pretty good. Also, don't worry I'm a high school student too.
1) there's a couple on eBay. Check your local Lexus dealership.
2) The cheapest coil overs I would buy are $750 but I'd try and spend a little more. It'd be cheaper to just buy replacement struts.
3) Dip Dissolver™
Spray this on and then blast it with the pressure washer to get plastic dip off.
4) The spot cross tail lights are pretty rare your best bet would be eBay.

·
Registered
2002 Lexus IS300
2,282 Posts
Being a student, I assume funds are slim. However maybe they aren’t, that’s a large assumption on my end. Some things can be purchased for cheaper if you shop around or take a slightly lower quality part. That’s all your call.

1. hatch seal can just be found through Google. OE Lexus or a different source should work.

2. You can just replace the struts with stock OE parts or some KYB or bilstien units which will be cheaper than coilovers. They won’t lower the car but they will fix your worn strut issue.

3. I’ve never had the desire to plastidip anything so idk how to remove it. Sorry.

4. Check for a CEL if you have one first. Oil leaks simply need to be addressed as you fine them. Best to clean the engine off and then inspect the engine to see where the leaks are coming from. If your car has over 150k on it, there are probably lots of common leaks happening. Valve cover gaskets and cam seals will soak the engine in no time with oil.

5. EBay, Craigslist, junkyard, aftermarket. Plenty of options for tail lights.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts