Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my 02 Graphite Grey Pearl IS back from the body shop because it was keyed. I told them to replace my tail light cover because it was scratched. I now just noticed that the new one is much more shiny and the other one (orignal) is slighty darker-kinda of smoked but not bluish like the sport design. I did a search and It seems like the darker colored 02's have Black Chrome Tail Lights? Is this true? I like my original one better, but when I go back there on Monday I want to know exactly what they need to order. Is it just a tinted plastic cover, or do you have to replace the whole light ect.. I am not sure what they did. Please someone give me some insight before I go back there on Monday-Thanks

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Is the housing chrome on the new tail light? If so, then they did put back the wrong tail light. All of the darker IS's have black chrome (smoked)lenses.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The inside of the light looks like a brighter chrome , the other light is a darker chrome, I was thinking maybe the plastic cover was tinited.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts