Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is forcasted to snow within the next two weeks here in NJ and my parents are going ape sh_t about snow wheels and tires. I have the 17's on right now but can you guys help me out with some suggestions for the snow. Thanks alot

·
Registered
295 Posts
leave the car in the garage. That is what i am doing. The salt is gonna eat the rims so unless you wanna go out and buy cheap rims that is the only thing i could sugest to you

·
Premium Member
8,107 Posts
Don't drive that car in the snow, it'll suck. Either don't drive it or buy some narrow 16" rims and snow tires from tirerack.com. Then you can easily swap from summer to snow tires every winter and spare your rims. Alloy rims won't rust, but they may lose their finish a little after a few years.

Originally posted by zachase:
It is forcasted to snow within the next two weeks here in NJ and my parents are going ape sh_t about snow wheels and tires. I have the 17's on right now but can you guys help me out with some suggestions for the snow. Thanks alot

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wouldnt want to drive this car but i have to. There is no other car for me to drive. The lexus dealer said they would put together a package of 16" niche's and snow tires for $1,000. Should I take those, even though the rims are very ugly??

·
Registered
295 Posts
i wouldn't you could probably get them cheaper some where else. 1,000 sounds a litle to pricey.

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
600-800 for tires sounds a bit more correct if not on the steep side. i dont' know how much the snow tires cost but i know that Michelin Pilot Sports will cost me at most 250 brand new and they have some of the best performance tires around. keep shopping and i'm sure you'll find a great deal. you can also use tirerack.com

1 - 7 of 7 Posts