Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to ship a fiberglass front bumper that only weights couple of pounds and UPS wants $190.00 to ship and FEDEX wants $251.00 to ship! Can anyone help me? How do you ship something cheaper than that?

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
irv_usc said:
greyhound? but the recipient must pick up at the nearest greyhound station
Yup....I have shipped both front and rear bumpers through greyhound. Just cut up cardboard boxes to make a custom box/ covering..and be sure to buy pleunty of bubble wrap!!
Total with the boxes, bubble wrap and shipping for both front and rear bumpers it was $80-90.

·
Registered
507 Posts
stalefish said:
You can have it shipped via GreyHound package express. The package will be transported from/to GreyHound stations. Costs like 50 bucks or so.

EDIT- Doh! irv_usc , you took the words out of my mouth.
I thought that was a joke. I've never even seen an ad for greyhound to ship something.

·
Not Officially Back
12,205 Posts
Same with Delta Dash... you pack it up and take it to the airport and they put it in the extra cargo space of an outbound Delta flight, your recipient picks it up at the airport.

Never priced a bumper but we used to ship computers that way.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.