Lexus IS Forum banner

I need an engine for my IS300. Is it worth it?

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  wingnut 
#1 ·
Hey all.
My 2001 is300 suffered a blown head gasket or a cracked head this past summer. There's zero compression, that's all I've found out so far.
I am trying to decide if I should try to fix this or if it's time to say goodbye to it.
Does anyone have an engine for sale? If so, how much? I am in Santa Clarita, CA. (Los Angeles County)
If this isn't the correct place to post, please let me know. I am new.

Thanks, Jennie N. :)

#2 ·
A lot is going to come down to how much you like the car, what you are willing to spend on this one vs buying another car, and if you are doing the work or not. If you are doing the work you might be able to pick another engine and drop it in cheap enough (i'm in a different country so not sure prices over there exactly ;) ). However if you don't want/like the car it might not be worth the money spent to pay someone else to fix it up, condition and resale value dependent.

#4 · (Edited)
Jennie, call Steve Larkin at Luxury Motor Works in Monrovia. Phone (626) 325-0885. In some form he can help. I drive a little over 30miles (1 way) to have him work on my cars. Trust him completely. He has customers in the position of do I or dont I all the time. His specialty is Lexus/Toyota, but he can do anything, and does.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.