Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so im sitting here debating which car i want. as much as i love bmws, the price for their awd and very minimal feature to it pushes the dang car to 37k. thats a tad out of my price range. this is where my fear for lexus come from.

with bmw, id get little if any discount off the tag. i know with lexus im pretty much at sticker. is there a chance to get this dang is250 with xenons,automatic and bluetooth for under or at 35k?

i personally like the design of the new is, but i havent had good luck with lexus dealers in northern virginia in the aspect of them taking me as serious buyers and i had issues with my corolla(first car) and i also see tons of lexus cars(esp the es and gs) at my local gas station for repairs.

my dodge spirit isnt going to last me another yr. i dont want to risk driving it in snow again as well.

yes, im 21 but i rather spend money on a want i like for the next few years than one i'll hate for several years.

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
pricing isnt out yet... but keep checking with your lexus dealer. im sure you can get a 250 for under 35k, what options will come on it i couldnt tell you. but most likely from what you mentioned you will be under 35. it will be an auto for sure.

if there are people in your area with es's and gs's taking their cars to gas stations for repairs that should tell you alot about the people who are driving them (ie. they cant drive, they ruin their cars, and when they do ruin them they dont know any better so they take it to the cheapest place they can find to fix it, then it breaks down again...)

lexus is toyota. you cant find anything more reliable on the market, especially not with bmw. dont worry about that aspect if you are a decent driver who knows how to take care of a car.

·
Registered
163 Posts
You could always go pick up an Acura TL. You can get it with 270hp, auto, bluetooth/XM, leather, and navigation all for under $35k.

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
I'm surprised that you've seen lotsa of Lexus in gas stations for repairs.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
but it looks like i need navigation to get bluetooth..

im sitting here waiting fo rthe days to roll on by and waiting for pricing to come out.

·
Garage Pit Crew Chief
5,631 Posts
if u want AWD go with a Scoobyroo...the impreza 05's can be had for a massive discount right now.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Alfred_Neuman said:
but it looks like i need navigation to get bluetooth..

im sitting here waiting fo rthe days to roll on by and waiting for pricing to come out.
I feel your pain!

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
majin ssj eric said:
You could always go pick up an Acura TL. You can get it with 270hp, auto, bluetooth/XM, leather, and navigation all for under $35k.
Yeah, if you don't need the AWD just go and get a TL. You get more for your money and I think they look nicer than the new IS. (I hope that doesn't offend anyone)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts