Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the board and I wanted some of your opinions. I was dead set on getting a 3-series until recently. The reason for the change is quite simple. I've had two Honda Accords and I HATE going to the dealer for unscheduled maintenance. I mean I really hate it! The guys on the BMW site are into using the word "retrofit" all the time. Today it dawned on me why they use that word, it is a snobbish way of saying my car is screwed up and I need to get it fixed. I just want good value with a sporty drive. My wife says a five speed is out so I have to get an auto. I like both the e-shift and the steptronic so that is a wash. I want the total luxury car experience and I've already had one BMW salesman turn my wife off. Bad move. Is the IS300 what I'm looking for?

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Excellent experience with Lexus through the years. My dealership serves me cappucino and krispy kreme donuts during (scheduled) service appointments. Heck, I love krispy kreme donuts so much, I wouldn't mind unscheduled service visits... but that hasn't happened!

·
Registered
685 Posts
my car's great. haven't had any problems yet. The dealer treats me really well even though I'm a teenager
also you get lexus loaners for services that take long time. (my dad's merc dealer gives out focking domestic cars... he got dodge stratus when he brought his '01 S500 in to fix the dent on the front bumper...)

·
Registered
26 Posts
If you want to save some money, you don't even have to bring the IS300 in for the oil change. I just changed the oil myself and saved $200. I don't need to spend 200 bones for the dealership to tell me that there's nothing wrong with my car. I know the Lexus is fine.

·
Registered
56 Posts
The car itself is a great car, sporty and
luxurious. There were problems in the
2001s, but I expect the 2002s have all those
issues worked out and will be much better.

As far as the dealer goes, that's what lead
me to Lexus. I visited a BMW, Mercedes, and
Lexus dealer. The Merc dealer was completely
snobbish, the BMW dealer was a little snobbish,
but the Lexus dealer was completely accomodating.
They dealt with me very nicely, dealt with
my wife the same way, and catered to our
every whim. Now they are not perfect, but
they are as close as you can get with a car
dealer.

The times I have had to have service, it
has been a good experience as well. I have
had a couple of Toyotas in the past and
expected that Lexus was a better version
of that. It was! I went from two Toyotas
to two Lex's (sp?).

I would have to say, go for it! You and