·
Registered
1,444 Posts
lefty loosy righty tighty

Edit: if you talking about 1st Gen. never even looked at a x50

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
it twists off, but is very hard to do so for the first time. put some muscle into it, and dont worry, you wont break it

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
I like to do a thing I call sit and spin......ummm never mind. Just use your hand.

On a more serious note, I can remember the first time I went to take mine off. It was on super tight and I was afraid to hurt my new Lexus so I didn't put a ton of muscle into it. Then my friend was like "Oh I'm sure it will come off" and starting torquing on it. Scared me for a sec but it came right off.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Twist it off!

My first experience with removing my shift knob was identical to Nicademus's; just put sump oomph into it and you'll get it off.

·
Premium Member
12,268 Posts
I don't get it, someone do a DIY with pics.

·
Premium Member
23,314 Posts
I waited till had I had my JDM leather knobby in hand to see it was threaded before i started prying lol

·
Monkey Style
1,885 Posts
This forum is so immature.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
ok, here is my DIY

Tools Needed:

Difficult Level:

Step 1.
Locate Your Shifter.

Step 2.
Turn Your Shifter Knob Counter Clockwise, (This Is Crictical, Make Sure Its Counter )This Is Where Your Tool Is Needed. If You Need Help Make Sure To Ask Your Dad Or Your Mom. Should Come Off Easy Now

Step 3.
Put On Your New Shift Knob, And Follow All The Steps Backwards.

Hope This Helps Out All All Those Who Need It, haha

·
Registered
650 Posts
if all else fails grab a saw and go to work. then use duck tape to tape the new one on. ;)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts