Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I am dropped 2inches all around. I'm rockin Tein CST coilovers with SPC camber kits all around. Ok it starts like this.. I got my camber kits installed finally, and thought that would correct my camber issue. Come to realize that after the alignment was done, the camber still was in the -3.0zone. It corrected the toe but not the camber.. Well tonight I was driving down the shitty Houston roads, hit a pot hole and completely F'd up my passenger front side suspension. I parked the car and seen that the wheel is sitting lopsided on the inside of the wheel well. I'm not sure what is broken but it's probablly something major knowing my luck :suspiciou Ill take pictures tomorrow. Any thoughts?

-Jayson

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Avoid potholes, or accelerate through them.

I know what you mean, though. Even the main north/south streets inside the loop have problems. After it "snowed" there were chunks missing every where.

You need more negatives in your cambers.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Avoid potholes, or accelerate through them.

I know what you mean, though. Even the main north/south streets inside the loop have problems. After it "snowed" there were chunks missing every where.

You need more negatives in your cambers.
Accelerate through potholes? I dont sere that as a solution. It's pretty hard to avoid them whenever you cannot.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok At first I was thinking I had blown the shock and a control arm. It looks like the shop that installed the camber kit did not tighten up the nut that connects the ball joint at the top or put in a codder pin :facepalm:

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Man if you think Houston is bad try Omaha, NE. It looks like BOMBS hit the fucking road! Every 10 feet there is a pot hole AT LEAST 1 ft in diameter through out the whole city. Best thing about all this is, Omaha stopped paying for pothole damage on cars back in 2005.... so now everyone is fucked. :)

*one reason why I want to move. Another reason why I don't drive my LEX 6months out of the year.... cause I wait till the roads are nice again.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I live in the SW side but i'm in Lubbock for college and let me tell you... I measure'd a pot whole right outside my appartment and it was like 4.6 inches deep... They're all over the place so I MISS Houston roads.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Accelerate through potholes? I dont sere that as a solution. It's pretty hard to avoid them whenever you cannot.

NMOne said:
3rd gear would have shown that pothole
Gots to be in 3rd w/ power button engaged.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.