Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my way home from the track a few nights ago and accidently switch lane cuttingf off a 03 honda civic Si and he tails me i gun it flipping him the bird and he weaves through traffic to get close to me we finally after 5 miles get right next to each other and with out looking at me guns it we were around 50 and i take off 2 seconds later he had 4 car kenghts on me and i have my ac on full blast i gun it pull up too him and wave bye to him and just murder the mofo it was hilarious! :lol: :lol:

He had no chance

Earlier at the track i raced an 97 cadi catera, 2000 toyota solara, mustang GT w/muffler a 99 altima and a 02 mustang v6 with flowmaster exhaust i beat every one but for the v6 he had manual and raced all the time and his father also raced i had eshift i would have beat him but my reactiojn sucked 1.208and he had .0579 are final times were 10.397 me and 10.387 him. He was a pro he even did a nice burnout to get to the starting line like the pros :eek: .

I know that are cars are capable of taking an auto gt with a decent driver because i beat one by 2 seconds

Keep on racing!!!!!!!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Altezza3456 said:
On my way home from the track a few nights ago and accidently switch lane cuttingf off a 03 honda civic Si and he tails me i gun it flipping him the bird and he weaves through traffic to get close to me we finally after 5 miles get right next to each other and with out looking at me guns it we were around 50 and i take off 2 seconds later he had 4 car kenghts on me and i have my ac on full blast i gun it pull up too him and wave bye to him and just murder the mofo it was hilarious! :lol: :lol:

He had no chance

Earlier at the track i raced an 97 cadi catera, 2000 toyota solara, mustang GT w/muffler a 99 altima and a 02 mustang v6 with flowmaster exhaust i beat every one but for the v6 he had manual and raced all the time and his father also raced i had eshift i would have beat him but my reactiojn sucked 1.208and he had .0579 are final times were 10.397 me and 10.387 him. He was a pro he even did a nice burnout to get to the starting line like the pros :eek: .

I know that are cars are capable of taking an auto gt with a decent driver because i beat one by 2 seconds

Keep on racing!!!!!!!
I'm guessing you were on a 1/8 mile track, correct?

·
Registered
115 Posts
VARN0 said:
Please tell me how you beat the Auto Mustang GT. All my friends have one. :D
Easy... have them race you in reverse...

I don't care how good of a driver you are... As long as the AUTO GT puts his foot to the floor your going to get beat..

You need some big mods to win against a 99+GT.

Just do the math....

Mustang GT 260Hp - 3241 lbs. = 12.46

Lexus IS300 215hp - 3285 lbs. = 15.27

The Lexus clearly has to carry much more weight per HP.. almost 3 lbs per HP!!!

I have nothing against the IS300. One of my good friends has one.. but stock for stock it is NOT going to beat a GT... and if you do beat one... I would not brag about it because you just beat one of the worst drivers out there. Might as well post kills about beating Civics... :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
115 Posts
BugginOuT said:
Theorically speaking...

The 2003 Honda Accord V6 (240hp) can kick my ass? :whine:
Well Motor Trend did pull a

0-60: 6.2
Transmission: Manual
1/4 Mile: 14.5
1/4 Speed: 98

And the 4 Door autos can get up an move too. (They should even pull on my car.)

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Screw all u english majors i can run on for ever

The guys in the gt it was theyre first time racing did not even do a brake and gas at the same time to get a launch! i was using

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

The guys in the gt it was theyre first time racing did not even do a brake and gas at the same time to get a launch! i was using

·
Registered
127 Posts
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I can't stop laughing! Altezza sounds like a kid who just ate 12 candy bars followed by 6 Mountain Dews! No offense Altezza it just sounds like you are talking a mile a minute by not using puntuation I'm sure you had fun racing these cars but please take a breather between sentences so it doesn't sound like you are going to pass out by the way nice kills keep up the good work and remember be safe peace :lol: [/b]

·
Registered
127 Posts
I can't stop laughing! Altezza sounds like a kid who just ate 12 candy bars followed by 6 Mountain Dews! No offense Altezza it just sounds like you are talking a mile a minute by not using puntuation I'm sure you had fun racing these cars but please take a breather between sentences so it doesn't sound like you are going to pass out by the way nice kills keep up the good work and remember be safe peace :lol: [/b]

·
Registered
127 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Altezza3456 said:

must have been your red under car kit that helped you win. Hope u realize that the IS is NOT FAST! :lol: unless its boosted! :crazy: my moms 2.3 CL gives a good race to my buddies IS. how sad is that?!?!?!? u need a turbo or NOS to be fast, and like the civic ads say, high 15s IS NOT FAST!!! :lol: :eek: :roll:

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
hey max owner this is an is forum not a nissan so lay off and later this year i am going to get nos. and maybe in a yr i will turbo it

·
Registered
12 Posts
Well I have to say, I have sorta graduated from the whole racing scene, but in my time(like last month :p ) i had a 92 hatchback with a mildly built ITR motor stuffed under the hood...And let me be the first to tell you....Many Civics out there would eat your lunch with nothing more than a 3rd gear downshift and a heavy foot.

I ran a personal best of [email protected](take away the altitude and we`re talking about a ~12.7 second car at sea level)..And that was ON THE MOTOR. No NOS, no boost, nada.

So the next time you`re out there, keep an eye out for those pesky civics, you never know what kind of rabbit they can pull out of the hat :eek:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts