Lexus IS Forum banner

I hoped I'd never have to make this post,but ....

1K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  Malekreza11 
#1 ·
Unfortunately I smashed my baby up real good. We just had some rain 2 nights ago and last night I hit a patch of dirt/gravel and lost it on a canyon road. I spun and did a header right into the guard rail. :eek: :eek: Amazingly, it spared most of the right side of the car, though, as I clipped my rear bumper at the end of the spin. My car was still pretty much cherry with only 1 scratch and 11,500 miles. :( :( :(
I didn't know if there is now an approximate parts price listing on here somewhere, but didn't see it. So I wondered if some of you who have had to replace the following parts might remember approximate costs. Here is the list, best I can tell:

Front bumper assembly (fogs are ok)
Hood
Right front fender
Right headlight assembly
Right front wheel
(RE040 Tire -may be ok)
Punctured front radiator
Grill with Lexus emblem
Hood Latch assembly (probably)
Right front wheel is turned inward ...looks like rack-n-pinion is pulled out on that side
Expel Hood,bumper and Light package (@ $500)
L-Tuned right front sway bar possibly bent

Sorry, no pics yet. On top of all that, I ended up having to wait 4+ hours in the middle of the night for a tow-truck to show up (AAA via Lexus Roadside assistance) in a dangerous spot on a twisty canyon road in 40F weather. Thank God I had a coat in my car and wasn't a little old lady, because the heater quit shortly after the coolant leaked out. :roll: :roll:

Anyways, thanks for any help. :-?

See less See more
#5 ·
Malekreza11 said:
.... Let me know if you need a good body shop reccomendation, i got a couple.
Thanks, guys. :cry:

Well, Malek , I'm up in LA and was actually thnking of taking it to my dealership's body shop, since they gave me a good deal when I got the car . I haven't yet put in the claim and still have the car . Has anyone here dealt with Jim Falk BH body shop? :-?

#6 ·
sorry to hear about your car and good to hear your in perfect condition.

the car will be brand new as soon as you get those part changed.

hope to see that girl of yours back on the street soon.

#7 ·
Sorry about what happened to your car, glad you're ok. Jim Falk Lexus will refer you to go to beverly hills auto body which is on LaCienga and San Vicente...their work is A+++, but their price is HIGH! So as long as you are not paying for it, and your insurance is taking care of it, then I would recommend that body shop. Goodluck with everything.

#9 ·
i had a crash similar to yours. the insurance quote was $8200. the insurance person told me that the IS is ranked one of the most expensive car to repair in a crash. ill try to find pic of my car. if you are going to fix up your car i recomment going to M1 autobody. they'll work with you on your car and if you want get you a body kit or some type of upgrade for your car. maybe even get you the repair without the deductible. pm me if you want to go to the shop together. i live in westwood so maybe we can meet up. the web site for the shop is www.m1autosport.com

#11 ·
Sorry to hear.
Don't feel too bad - many of us have been through that.
My 2001 IS survived 2 crashes, 3 months in between.
The body shop will make it look brand new. 8)
The good news is that your paint chips will be gone and the new paint will be less prone to them. :)

#12 ·
I'm sorry whenever I hear of someone wrecking their car...but look at the bright side: The car protected you and you have insurance. My Dad always said that "sheet metal is cheap compared to a life".

#13 ·
NOoooooooo not the VMeezy ISthreezy.
I thought you were canyon certified.

Sorry to hear that about your excellent IBP with the tan interior. Im sure it will be back good as new real soon. This wet weather is causing havoc. I almost wish I would have kept the old car now.
For the body work there's always Ron's Body Shop. Thats where I got mine done. They do excellent paint, but not so good on the lights in my case until I went back.

Good luck with everything. Maybe you'll get some 04 parts.

#14 ·
thedon said:
NOoooooooo not the VMeezy ISthreezy.
I thought you were canyon certified.

Sorry to hear that about your excellent IBP with the tan interior. Im sure it will be back good as new real soon. This wet weather is causing havoc. I almost wish I would have kept the old car now.
For the body work there's always Ron's Body Shop. Thats where I got mine done. They do excellent paint, but not so good on the lights in my case until I went back.

Good luck with everything. Maybe you'll get some 04 parts.
Hehe, Thanks Don. I know... you were even behind me on that last canyon run to know that I wasn't waggin' it too much on the twisties that day. But not so clean this time. :cry: :cry: I had forgotten you scuffed yours up before, too. :-? I'm now having to endure sitting in traffic in my smelly old Integra listening to Britney Spears and the Backstreet boys because my radio only gets AM Radio Disney and turns itself up full blast at will! Embarrassing when the windows are down! LOL :lol: AAARRRGGGGHHH!!!

Thanks again for the condolences and referrals, guys .... finally have a day off tomorrow so I'm gonna shop for a shop . Some people think it's funny how I'm worried about how much the rest of the car is going to suffer if it has to sit outside in the weather for several weeks and get all scratched up! But they're not as particular about their cars as many of us on .Net . :wink:

And vlad, what's this:
The good news is that your paint chips will be gone and the new paint will be less prone to them
Are you saying the IBP color has been improved or that it will just be a different process from the factory version? I already had Xpel front protection, but did have a couple small chips beyond the hood line.

#16 ·
To answere your question,
The bodyshop paint is more durable than the factory one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.