Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when i start the engine early in the morning, it makes sound like a cricket
it's chirping, but after a while it will go away
it's annoying, will it be covered in the warranty if my milleage is 46k?

thanks

·
Registered
754 Posts
chobits said:
when i start the engine early in the morning, it makes sound like a cricket
it's chirping, but after a while it will go away
it's annoying, will it be covered in the warranty if my milleage is 46k?

thanks
Check the fanbelt it could be loose.I've had this exact problem before.
And yes it is covered under warranty. I've had to replace this twice already.

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
I am guessing that you have a manual? If so, it is the throw-out bearing going bad. There is a CHRONIC problem with the throw-out bearing on the IS300. I think it is something bigger though because I changed the throwout bearing to a NA supra version and it still went bad and is chirping again.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it's the E-shift IS300, i don't have stick shift
but i did have the same problem with my 2000 celica, it was the belt tensioner, so i thought it might be the same with the Lexus since Lexus is a toyota basically

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Wxman said:
I am guessing that you have a manual? If so, it is the throw-out bearing going bad. There is a CHRONIC problem with the throw-out bearing on the IS300. I think it is something bigger though because I changed the throwout bearing to a NA supra version and it still went bad and is chirping again.
what year is your car and tranny Wxman? and so whats your next step to correct your prob? I know prolly replace the throwout bearing, but something must be wearing this badboy out faster than normal.... .... this shiet just sucks cuz i bet i'm headin down that road.. :-?

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
goldznnz said:
Wxman said:
what year is your car and tranny Wxman? and so whats your next step to correct your prob? I know prolly replace the throwout bearing, but something must be wearing this badboy out faster than normal.... .... this shiet just sucks cuz i bet i'm headin down that road.. :-?
My car is a 2002. I cannot take my car to the dealer to fix this because it is so heavily modded. Jarrett told me he has put upgraded clutches and big hp on former N/A supras and never had this problem. One of the stock guys with this problem have to get the dealer to address the issue. I am so sick of that chirping sound!!!! ARGH!

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
hey wxman wonder if you slapped a W58 when the times come if they would eliminate that problem!

and thats just *ockN amazing your tranny is still hold its ball'z together! :eek:

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
goldznnz said:
hey wxman wonder if you slapped a W58 when the times come if they would eliminate that problem!

and thats just *ockN amazing your tranny is still hold its ball'z together! :eek:
Over two years on the car, and 18 months on boost. 28,500 miles on the car with about 20,000 of that over 400 rwhp.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.