Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wtf is it...i was drivin and some bitch in a tahoe cut me off so i slammed on the brakes and after a while i hear a thud thud thud nooise comin out of my tires....first i thought it was a flat but then it has full air in it...so anyone know wtfs up? :-?

·
Registered
565 Posts
you may have hit a few bumps when u were braking...it always seems that the bumps hit a lot harder on the tires when you are breaking. I could be wrong though....just an idea

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
IS300Sam said:
you may have hit a few bumps when u were braking...it always seems that the bumps hit a lot harder on the tires when you are breaking. I could be wrong though....just an idea
naw dude, it was like that going home too like thud thud thud the whole way home

·
Registered
75 Posts
I would agree that it is a flat spot if you locked up your tires. one way to find out is vary your speed if it varies along with your speed, it is just tire noise and will go away eventually.
If not, I would take a look underneath and see if I could notice anything that is blatanly broken. If you don't see anything take it to a shop.

·
Registered
935 Posts
milwaukeeIS said:
I would agree that it is a flat spot if you locked up your tires. one way to find out is vary your speed if it varies along with your speed, it is just tire noise and will go away eventually.
If not, I would take a look underneath and see if I could notice anything that is blatanly broken. If you don't see anything take it to a shop.
How could he have locked his tires with ABS? Did you hit anything like a pot hole or a curb when you were braking?

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
dont remember...but it is a flat spot because on the highway its fast than the regular street driving

·
8,849 Posts
Look for a nail or a pebble in one of your tires.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts