Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well damn i've been through the worst 9 days of my life recently when they cut off the power cause of some stupid ice storm. i don't know how amish people do it. computer feeling all weird and shits now. whats the longest anyone's ever been without power? i took electricity for granted but not anymore.

·
Registered
28,808 Posts
When I was in college in Atlanta my junior year, there were ice storms that cut off power to most of ATL for like a week. Luckilly, some places did have power.....like the Ritz-Carleton in Buckhead. So I got a room there and my mom gladly payed the bill to keep her son warm.

·
Registered
38,938 Posts
DJPoop said:
When I was in college in Atlanta my junior year, there were ice storms that cut off power to most of ATL for like a week. Luckilly, some places did have power.....like the Ritz-Carleton in Buckhead. So I got a room there and my mom gladly payed the bill to keep her son warm.
haha! I remember that shit. too bad we didn't know each other I woulda invited some ho's over and had a rockstar party up in that muthafizznit

·
Registered
28,808 Posts
kinddog said:
DJPoop said:
haha! I remember that shit. too bad we didn't know each other I woulda invited some ho's over and had a rockstar party up in that muthafizznit
Trizzue!

·
Chocolate Goodness
34,363 Posts
Oh jeez. We have a problem with power supply here so electricity goes off basically every single day, a couple times a day. Everybody is used to it. It's gotten to the point where everysingle house has power generators with automatic transfers. Light goes out, power generator automaticly kicks in.

I guess it would be weird for someone who is not to it, like you guys. I remember when there was the whole Y2K hoopla. And I read of the postivies scenarios, no power, no water, etc etc., we always thought BIG DEAL. Everybody here is prepared for that kind of stuff.

·
Registered
28,808 Posts
Trovador said:
Oh jeez. We have a problem with power supply here so electricity goes off basically every single day, a couple times a day. Everybody is used to it. It's gotten to the point where everysingle house has power generators with automatic transfers. Light goes out, power generator automaticly kicks in.

I guess it would be weird for someone who is not to it, like you guys. I remember when there was the whole Y2K hoopla. And I read of the postivies scenarios, no power, no water, etc etc., we always thought BIG DEAL. Everybody here is prepared for that kind of stuff.
The only difference is that you live in a tropical climate....while the aforementioned power outages in the US are caused by ice storms during freesing winters.

·
Chocolate Goodness
34,363 Posts
DJPoop said:
Trovador said:

The only difference is that you live in a tropical climate....while the aforementioned power outages in the US are caused by ice storms during freesing winters.
AHHHHH, never thought of that actually. :oops:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
7 Participants
jashikdave
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing