Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I tried posting this on the Stop, Drop and roll but this may be a better place to ask this question.

When you have forced induction, specifically a supercharger, is it better to leave the car at the factory ride height or lowered with Tein S techs?

Thank you.

·
Premium Member
2,723 Posts
You don't have to lower the car, it's not requiered, but it will only imporve your car. Meaning it will help you put the power down better and over all peromance.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
the following is my take on how lowering the car improves performance on f/i cars: the shorter the distance between the body of the car the wheels, the more efficient the propulsion is. for example, if your car is raised 1 foot (for some reason), the engine makes the wheels turn, but as they start moving the body has a delay due to the distance the force has to travel in the suspension, essentially forcing the wheels to pull the car forward. however, if your car was very low to the ground, the wheels are directly pushing the body forward.
again, this is my guess, you physics gurus out there feel free to correct me if im wrong.

-eric

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
physics guru postin, with the lowering of your car you get, lowed center of gravity, (ie handling, turns, body roll,) aerodynamicly lowed wind resistance,(brarley) but whih F/i i dont have an exact anwser, most of the time lowering-modding susperion is for taking hard turns @ high speeds, decrease, body roll, stiffer supesion, thats why nascars are so low, with the power they have, they need that lowered center of gravity to help that keep planted, and take those turns.....but basiclly when you go faster, you need to turn faster, you need to stop faster......so in THEORY when you upgrade something from the normal balance (ie stock) you are upsetting the flow of it....IN theory....but, so by adding f/i and suspension, all u need now is brakes....i hope this helps.....you also might want to ask some track/high hp gurus what there take on it is........

1 - 6 of 6 Posts