Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ready? does anyone manufacture taillights for the is300 to revert them to other style of lexii? ie something like older sc400 style? I realize I'll get flamed for this, it's just that... well, I see 50 civics/accords/neons/preludes/integras (including type R!) with those lights? I saw an alternative that someone makes for the neon

The carbon fiber background makes it looks pretty good, so if someone makes a taillight like that with a black backdrop, it'd look pretty good, imo. (Or, this could be something i could probably do myself)

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
I think it says that is for the Neon in the post. The light shape also does not look right for the IS300...the IS300 has a sharper top than that.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Originally posted by AltezzaRoku:
I like that carbon fiber tail light... is it for the lexi??
That's not for IS... You can tell by the shape of it... There is one company which sells IS taillights that are painted black instead of chrome color. But they are $1000 a pair. Don't worth that much money. Just remove the glass parts and have them painted yourselves.

------------------
K.P.

[This message has been edited by Rookie84 (edited January 04, 2001).]

·
Registered
7,386 Posts
Originally posted by Rookie84:
Just remove the glass parts and have them painted yourselves.
I wouldn't mess with the light housing if I were you. If they're not sealed right when you're done painting them, you'd get all kinds of water vapor in there, mold, mildew, spots etc. Not worth it.

Wait a while and there'll be more aftermarket lights, among other stuff for you to choose from.

------------------
MAD

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Yeah, just wait it out. I agree about the tail lights looking like the other riceboys on the road. But in a way, obviously, it's what makes the rear end stand out from other cars. Thankfully, the riceboy scene isn't that huge in Minnesota where my IS looks like every other car on the road...

Still, I like the looks of the black housing but there's no way in hell I'd pay $1,000.00 for two tail lights.

Scott.

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
Originally posted by junedog:
I wouldn't mess with the light housing if I were you. If they're not sealed right when you're done painting them, you'd get all kinds of water vapor in there, mold, mildew, spots etc. Not worth it.

Wait a while and there'll be more aftermarket lights, among other stuff for you to choose from.

Actually it might not be that bad. Supra guys take apart their headlights themselves to polish it to get rid of the foggy look. They basically take the headlight and stick it in the oven and take it apart when the adhesive softens...sounds kinda nuts doesn't it?

·
Registered
26 Posts
If you really want the black look, I can get them for $800
a pair Brand New, OEM, From Japan. If you do decide to change your tails, buy an OEM set, don't settle for crappy aftermarket one's.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Originally posted by Kleen IS:
If you really want the black look, I can get them for $800
a pair Brand New, OEM, From Japan. If you do decide to change your tails, buy an OEM set, don't settle for crappy aftermarket one's.
800!! Do you have any pics of the tailights Kleen?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Let me see if I can get a pic. It's my friend that is a distributor and told me about them when I asked about stuff for the car. I'll let you know.

·
Am I Hype-R???
13,648 Posts
hey aux, i've even seen those type of lights for new stangs and some trucks too!!! i think they've over done this whole light thing if you ask me...

------------------
2001 IS300 Graphite Grey
98 MB CLK 320 white
94 Supra TT/6-speed/HardTop/black
90 Integra pearl white

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
I'm waiting for aftermarket headlight assemblies that mimic the new 5-series headlights...you know, the "eyes." I won't get them, but I wonder when they will come out.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by HyperMKIV:
hey aux, i've even seen those type of lights for new stangs and some trucks too!!! i think they've over done this whole light thing if you ask me...
Heh, you said it....

·
Am I Hype-R???
13,648 Posts
aux, i still don't see the stang and truck one in that pic!!!
heh...j/k...and where'd you get that pic from??? i kno you is shoppin fer these lights fer your neon man!!!

------------------
2001 IS300 Graphite Grey
98 MB CLK 320 white
94 Supra TT/6-speed/HardTop/black
90 Integra pearl white

1 - 14 of 14 Posts