Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be doing my swap this week and I wanted to know if I have to change my flywheel.. I don't know the conditions of it, I will be using a 6puck sprung clutch from ACT with a heavy duty pressure plate the car will be on low psi 300/350 hp. please any info is grateful..

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
im sorry bro, but there are like 500 possible swaps to do on this car. what is your swap consisting of. supply more information and you will get those whom know information, to give you answers to your questions

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well i am swaping out my old motor and installing the one i brought off him...that one has tt internals...it was built and tuned by srt thats all i know my question isnt that hard...can i use my stock flywheel with a 6 puck sprung clutch doing about 300-350 hp?????? simple...

·
Registered
113 Posts
well i am swaping out my old motor and installing the one i brought off him...that one has tt internals...it was built and tuned by srt thats all i know my question isnt that hard...can i use my stock flywheel with a 6 puck sprung clutch doing about 300-350 hp?????? simple...
I'm doing a swap on my car and asked that question a few days ago. You have to get rid of the stock flywheel, its too heavy. Get an Mk4 Non turbo Supra flwheel or from an SC300; same thing. I was told that these weigh 17-19lbs. You'll have to get shorter flywheel bolts too, dealer has them, for Sc300 or NA supra Flywheel. Get an ACT clutch to go with that flywheel and have everything balanced at a Machine Shop.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.